November 1, 2013

Happy Armistices Day!

I was talking with Jason and Dawn, Jason's Physical Therapist at C5, and I asked them both if they new what the significance of November 1 was. Dawn couldn't think of anything in particular and Jason said it was Armistices Day. Sometimes it amazes me what that young man can come up with. I had to tell him he was correct, but that wasn't what I was looking for. Today is the first day of the third year for Jason being at Balboa. He was kind of surprised that it was, and he hadn't thought about how long he has been here. Dawn has only been at Balboa two months longer than we have, and she remembers Jason becoming one of her first patients. Anyway, it was kind of cool thinking of that and realizing it was Armistices Day.

Jason's day started out with another of those training formations, and that lasted until a little after 09:00. The next appointment was with Dawn (above), and then we headed over to urology. When we got there they were getting ready to go to a "Stand Down" session (at least that's what the head guy called it). It was a session where everyone had to go, except for one person who was to be left behind to answer questions of patients, as they came in. With in a matter of a minute (maybe less) the place was completely empty except for one clerk and one medical tech - it was very strange to be there. As it turned out, Jason's timing was very good because he was still able to get his needs taken care of, while everyone else was turned away, and he was only seconds ahead of them.

The rest of the day was spent back at the house until I went to go pick up the girls. Turned out I needed to go get some fuel, so that added a little to the round trip. The girls were all full of energy and happy to be back at the house. I let them play, and then they came in to help me prepare dinner. It was a left over kind of day, and it all worked out very well. Tomorrow we will be heading over to the park, and then maybe later over to Anthony's place for a barbeque. I am looking forward to a nice weekend where we should have some great weather, and who knows, maybe Jason will want to go look at more property. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Still hard believing it's been that long!
    Know that I'm here praying!
    Psalms 40:16-17 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified. But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018