November 19, 2013

Today was a very good day for the Ross household... This morning, Jackie was up early again, and came into greet me. She looked at me and again asked where Grandma was, and then asked me why I was in Grandma's bed. I chuckled and said Grandma would be here soon and you (Jackie) can talk to her about why I sleep in this bed. She went back down stairs and went straight to her closet, where she keeps her puzzles. Jackie and Stacy both enjoy puzzles, though I'd have to say Jackie is the bigger puzzle fan. Stacy was still sound asleep, and Jason was still waking up, so I went back up stairs and brushed my teeth and washed up and got ready for the day.

I came down and before I got the girls dressed and ready for their day I checked in with Jason and asked him if he wanted some breakfast. I brought him a bowl of cereal and then got the girls up and dressed and then got their breakfasts on the table. We packed up all the needed bags and such and headed out the door at about 09:00 (+/- 5 minutes). Stacy went to her class with Daddy, and that seems to be working out well and then Jackie was taken to her class.

Jason had a single appointment this morning, and it was actually kind of short - only about 30 minutes. We headed back to the van and then back towards the house. I told Jason that I needed to get the van in for an oil change and to have them check on the tires (left front had a slow leak), and that was where we both ended up going. As it turned out the auto service center found a nail or screw in three of the four tires, with only one of them with a leak. The tire was fixed and all were rotated, along with the oil change and we were on our way. Jason seemed to enjoy the diversion of going to the shop, and doing "manly" things for a change, rather than spending the time with video games or doing stuff on line.

We finally got back to the house and had lunch, and I putted around the house for a couple of hours until I went to go pick up the girls. This is where the really good stuff happens. Both of them were happy to see me and then we made a quick trip to pick up a couple of things at the store, and by the time the rest of the day was done, Jackie had not had a single accident that day. She is beginning to get the idea of going to the potty and I, for one, am very happy about it. The down side is that I don't think there is the same level of support at the other home front, and Jason is working on that. Anyway, tomorrow is another day - Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

April 29, 2018

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)