November 30, 2013

Today was a little different, though it still being a Saturday, and Saturdays are when Jason takes Gracie to training; so, Jason (with me driving) took Gracie to training. The difference with today is that David, Jason's older brother, went with us, as did Stacy and David's son Dylan. Unfortunately we didn't have room for all the kids, so we just took the two oldest. Grandma stayed back with Jackie (Jackie wasn't happy about the fact she couldn't go), and Miriam, David's wife, stayed with their youngest. We all had a great time, even though we "lost" one of the rockets from Stacy's Stomp Rocket.  Stacy stomped on the bladder that shot the rocket into the air, and it went way up, above the trees. When it started to come down the wind caught it and blew it just enough to make it land on the top of one of the trees. David and I did what we could to get it down, to the point of David starting to climb the tree, and the rocket just stayed where it was. Stacy still has three more rockets, so she can still play with it; we just need to be more careful as to where we are with relation to the trees. Otherwise, Dylan and Stacy had a great time at the park and got to play on the swings and other stuff, while Jason worked with Gracy.

After we came back from the park and we were invited by one of David's UCSD buddies, to an opening of his brewery, in San Diego. It actually isn't too far from where Jason and I live, so when we came back we dropped the kids off with Grandma; helped to get them lunch and settled down (it was close to nap time) and then we were at the brewery. They had all kinds of different beers there, and David and Jason both seemed to enjoy most of them - I'm not a beer drinker, and even though I did try a couple, I still thought they tasted horrible. I ended up drinking a soft drink, one of their own creations, and it was very nice.

We also saw Anthony and Angelica while we were there, so we had some extra people to visit with, and had a lunch with all the beer tasting. We stayed for about an hour and then we went back home to give Linda a break, if she needed one. The good thing was that when we got home everybody was still napping, so Jason and I decided to follow suit. I guess I slept for nearly an hour and then got up, along with everyone else. David contacted us and let us know he was providing dinner tonight, so that made it a bit easier for us. The rest of the day was fun and relaxed. I got to play with the grand kids and after David and Miriam left with the boys, it was time for Stacy and Jackie to get to bed. Tomorrow we will see them for a little longer, then they will be heading back up to Los Angeles. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. As for the stomp need a high school quarterback with a good spiral...he will knock it out of the tree for you. We did that at 4H camp one year when the tree 'ate' our rocket.

  2. So glad you had this time together!

    Life can be hard at times, but the victory is ours through Christ! Put your trust in Him! Praying!
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014