December 10, 2011

Wow! A third of the way through the final month of the year, and also a nine month anniversary for me, being in a Naval medical facility. Funny, I never thought I was going to be away from home this long, and then again, I had no idea of how long it was going to be. A bright spot is that they are all very actively seeking a house for Jason and his family to move into, and they would like to see that happen soon. Well, actually, Jason would like to see that soon too. Now, on to the day...

We were supposed to head over to the zoo today, but that didn't happen. After Jason was done with his PT this morning, he had to go down to radiology for some x-rays of his right hand. I thought it was going to take an hour or more to get this done, as my experience with x-rays has always taken extra time. This time however, it only took about 30 minutes (maybe less) and we were headed back to his room. The problem though was that he was feeling some significant discomfort, on his left side, and so we didn't want to head out to the zoo, only to turn around and come right back. Just watching him this morning I thought something wasn't right, and now, at this point I know the problem is pain.

Jason went to sleep after awhile, and after he woke up I asked him how he was feeling. He said he felt much better, so we just talked for a little while, then he got a phone call and was able to talk with Mom (Linda) and his girls for a short while. Linda (a.k.a. Grandma) is finding out that two little girls can be as much a handful as little boys, and at this age, there isn't much difference, though Stacy is starting to be a little princess. Jason and I talked for a while and then watched a little T.V., while he also played his video game. Once the video game was at a good stopping point I asked him if he would like to get out for dinner for a change. He was very receptive to this, as the galley can't seem to get it together on weekends. They messed up his breakfast and didn't get anything right for his lunch. You could tell the medical staff of the 5-West ward wanted to make it right, but it wasn't them making the mistakes, and this is what bothered Jason the most, I think. Anyway, Jason thought going out to dinner was a good idea, and he was feeling much better now.

We headed out to Mimi's and got there just ahead of the dinner rush. We were seated in less than five minutes, and had a very good server. Jason ordered his favorite, chicken-fried steak, with mashed potatoes and vegetables and I had the roast turkey dinner (I guess I just like turkey). Our server seemed to be very tuned in on how to serve us, as he was there when we needed him, and didn't bother us otherwise. The real big surprise was that when the bill came Jason asked to pay for it. I thought about it for a moment, and then decided to let him, as it was just one more thing letting him feel like he was getting a little more back to normal.

After dinner, and back at the hospital I asked Jason if he would like to try going to the zoo again, tomorrow and he said he would. I'm hoping that tomorrow is as good a day as today was, because it is supposed to rain on Monday. I'm figuring on spending a few hours at the zoo, and then get back to his room. If all works out we won't be gone too long, but still long enough to feel like we're tourists... ;-)

Thank you, for all your prayers and for all the support you've continued to provide. There are a number of folks out there who continually send help in different ways, to Jason, and to our family. And, I really want to recognize those that are helping Linda on the home front, while I'm gone. Thank you, Thank you.

Comments

  1. I wonder how many people think about the families and the huge impact something like this has on everyone. And just how many family members have to put their lives on hold...but the Lord's with you every step of the way!
    I'm here praying right now.
    Psalms 116:1-5 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jason,

    I met your gorgeous little ladies this week. It was a treat for me to see how happy your mom is with them. What a blessing they are. I am praying that your housing situation is finalized soon.

    Donnamarie

    Donnamarie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)