December 7, 2011

Busy day today, for both Jason and I. We spent the greater part of the day together, and still were able to get a bunch of things done. Most of the things Jason was busy with were things like OT and PT, and he also had a dressing change and a shower. I know, the last time we were looking at a shower tomorrow, but things changed again. That's okay, though, as from what I could see, and from what the medical folks said, things were looking much better, and some of the more stubborn areas were closing up. On top of that, the news of the test for new infection seems to have come back negative, and that's a good thing.

The OT and PT were separated by a couple of hours and he was worked pretty hard today by both. Jason did his best to give 100% effort, he is a Marine, and it showed by the time he was done. Along with the OT and PT he had a shower earlier in the day, and that, in itself is very physical and challenging. Funny thing is that when I first went in to see him this morning I noticed that he was showing some signs of being uncomfortable; I asked him where the pain was and he said it was from the work out he had yesterday - doing crunches. I couldn't help but smile at that, as it meant that the healing was well on its way.

One of the other things that happened today was that four different people came in and let us know that there was a house being made available for Jason, as long as he was happy with it. We are going to be going out to check it out tomorrow, and we are both anxious to see the place. It is a two story dwelling, and they have stated that a "lift" is going to be put in, so Jason can go from one floor to the other, if there is a need. If we can get all the pets in place and the layout works for Jason, then we're set. Stay tuned for the exciting updates still to come.

This evening Jason and I watched the last of the Harry Potter movies. To those that know me, I watched a Harry Potter movie - the whole thing. To those that don't know me well, I'm not a big Harry Potter fan. The movie was interesting, and entertaining, so I can't complain about that. Jason really enjoyed it, and that was the most important thing anyway. The movie is also the main reason this post is getting out so late, though I do expect to sleep well as I'm tired. Much more happened today, but I'd be typing for another 1/2 to get it in, so today is just the highlights.

Thank you, all for the continued support and prayers.

Comments

  1. Hope the house works out!
    Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
    Psalms 27:7-9 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds promising, keep us posted!

    Still is our prayers,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the wounds are finally responding and closing up, Jason. I know that has to be a major relief. Sounds like you are really doing a lot of physical exercise. The other day I walked 3.06 miles in 48.39 minutes, 15.5 average minutes per mile. For an old dude like me, that is fast. I was sore after that, and tired. Hope you recover quickly, faster than I.

    I hope you are satisfied with the latest house, 2 story sounds good.

    Ruth and I are in Bakersfield now celebrating Mother's 99th birthday today. We took her to Marie Callender's for dinner. She kept commenting on how expensive the food was, $14.99 for fish and chips. She got a free slice of pie because it was her birthday, and they sang to her.

    Have a great rest of the week.
    Peace,
    Bill Buchanan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)