December 3, 2011

I know I had said I was going to stop writing the blog posts on the weekends, but today was such a good day I wanted to let everyone know.

I went over to see Jason at about 9:00 this morning, and checked on how he was doing. He said he was doing great and still wanted to get out today, to take care of a couple of errands and then go take a look at a potential house. The transportation was supposed to come at about 11:00, so we had plenty of time to just relax and visit. The cool thing was that my friends, Rob and Karen had come down to visit, and they were still here, so we were all going to go together. Well, the driver actually showed up just a little after 10:00 and I stepped out of the room to talk with her. She told me that she was going to have to deal with a medivac run at 13:00 (1pm) so we might not be able to get everything done. I asked if she could just drop us off, and then come back and pick us up later. She said she would check and get back to me in just a few minutes. She came back and offered to let me have the SemperFi Mini Van and then I could just drive myself. This was great news. All of us could fit comfortably in the van, and I would do the driving (they let me have the van for the entire weekend).

We actually got out at 10:55, and went straight to the van. This is the first time Jason and I have been able to get out of the hospital, and not have some last minute delay hold us up for at least 20 minutes - actually felt kinda strange. The next great thing was that Jason went over to Sprint and got himself a new phone, so now he is able to make and receive phone calls, without the worry of using too many minutes. I think Jason was please with getting the phone and even more pleased that he did it all on his own, as I only drove, he handled everything else. After that was done we all went to lunch and enjoyed a great meal away from the hospital. Just relaxed and talked around the table for an hour or so. Finally, we decided to go look at the house that I found on the listings. The listing said ADA friendly, and the front of the house seemed to be just that. Around the back though there may be some challenges, though we still need to go back and see if we can get inside. It is a very nice house and in a great location, only about 10 miles from the hospital.

After the house visit it was time to get back to the hospital, as Jason was now beginning to feel the affects of being in his chair for so long. We got back to the hospital and got him back in his bed, and he was feeling a little better after that. He was able to stay out in his chair for about 4 1/2 hours, and able to do it with only minimal pain meds. He is wanting to get away from the meds, but still knows that it is important to use them when needed. Also, after getting back to the hospital, Rob and Karen had to head off to the airport, so they could get back home. It was a very nice visit from them, and I think Jason really enjoyed having them here... I know I sure did.

We were also able to speak with Mom (Linda) on the phone this evening, as she is now back in Jacksonville, to pick up the girls (Stacy and Jackie), to bring them back to California. Two weeks from now, maybe less, Bridgette is supposed to be here too. Linda went to pick them up so they wouldn't have to drive across the country, and we thought it would be a little easier on Bridgette too. Jason is pretty excited about seeing all of them again, and so am I. So, I thank everyone for all the prayers and support that has been coming our way.


  1. Definitely a lot of good news to share today!
    Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 23:4-6 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

  2. What an honor to meet Staff Sgt. Jason Ross in person and everything George has written about him is true to the power of 10!! This man is an inspiration and my hero. I told him that I brought the hugs of many people with me for him and I hope he felt the love with my hug to him tonight. God works in mysterious ways and I know that first hand and am forever grateful to God and Jason. Keep on keepin on and our prayers are for continued healing and a dwelling.

    All our best,
    Karen & Rob Weaver
    Livermore Friends


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014