December 28, 2011

Today began with me getting up and getting myself ready for the day (shower, brush teeth, etc.); and then I went in to assist Jason, who wanted to take a shower. He hasn't been able to get a shower this week, due to all kinds of interrupts, so now he is really wanting to take a shower. One of the first things I need to do is to get his dressings removed, and then he gets into his chair. Only problem today is that when I removed most of the dressing from his wounds I didn't like what I saw, and I had him get back ready, quickly, so that I could get him to ER. I guess it was the lighting or something, but I could have sworn that I saw separation and honestly it scared me. When we got to the hospital ER we were taken in pretty quickly (no doubt this irritated some of the others who had been waiting) and within a few minutes he was on an adjustable table and we had his dressings off... again. This time though it didn't look near as bad as what I thought the first time, and in fact some of the areas looked pretty good. Needless to say, I felt a little embarrassed, but on the other hand, it did provide a test run of an Emergency Room visit, and that is always a possibility. It also showed that they are still watching Jason closely, as he was served quickly, and several of the medical staff that had been taking care of him on the ward, came and saw him. It was like old home week or something.

Well, we finished up at the ER and headed out. Jason still didn't get his shower, and we were now at the hospital. We had an appointment, and needed to see a few of the folks here so we decided to go ahead and get started. The OT visit was good, as usual. Lynn set up a regular schedule and that is what we will be following for the next few weeks. Then we had to set up our PT schedule and we'll be going with that over the next few weeks also. It will be so nice to have a regular routine going again, and I am sure that it will help Jason recover more effectively and with as little stress as we can achieve.

Tomorrow we will begin again, in the morning, after breakfast; and, this time try to go through the day without any emergency. I am working with Jason to attempt to put together a schedule, that we can basically stay with, as long as we are doing this, and I am needed as his non-medical attendant. From what I am beginning to see, that period of time may be longer than I had first hoped.

Thank you, all for all your continued support and prayers.


  1. George, please take some time for yourself during the day and go for a walk, go get a massage, something to nurture yourself. Maybe even take a yoga class. This is an order!

    Jason, must be nice not living in the hospital anymore. I'm so glad your kiddos had a great Christmas! Getting back into a regular routine with Lynn and the folks in PT will be great for you. FYI, we made a contribution to Wounded EOD Warriors in your honor. Keep up the good work! We're all still praying for continued healing for all.

    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends
    PS. Went to the gym today :)

  2. Better to take him in and have it be nothing, than to not go in and should have! You did fine!
    Know that I'm continuing to pray!
    Psalms 57:1-2 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

  3. God has and will continue to carry you through your journey. We will continue to pray for you and your family.



Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014