December 31, 2011 - End of the year... Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve is a time of reflecting back on the past year, and hopefully looking forward to the next. This past year has been a difficult one for the Ross family, and especially for Jason. We have had some set backs, though none so dire that we could not go on. Jason was seriously injured, and he survived. He will have challenges for the rest of his life, and will have to learn to live a whole new life. On top of that he will be doing it without his wife, who has decided to go her own way. I have been providing Jason with all the love and support I know how, and have been able to do so because I have a wife and family that show me love and support; and, then there are all the extended family and friends that have also been providing help along the way. It looks like I won't be going home, to Livermore, anytime soon and we have a plan, though preliminary, that Linda (wife) will be coming down to help. Initially it will be two week intervals, and then maybe longer periods. Right now were just playing everything by ear.

Today, Jason and I had the girls to ourselves for most of the day. Bridgette and her father did come by for a short while, and then later this evening, as they were going out to celebrate the new year they stopped by, mostly to see the girls and to drop off something they mistakenly took to her house. We had a great time, and stayed pretty active, though I was able to get all of them to lay down for a little rest this afternoon (that included Jason). I took the time to clean up a little and then rest some myself. Dinner was very simple yet tasty, and even had some left overs for tomorrow's lunch.

The new year should provide new opportunities for Jason, and effectively me, as he works his way through his rehab. The recovery is almost over and I hope the extra stress doesn't cause any kind of relapse. I just need to be a bit more pushy when it comes to Jason getting the needed rest. Funny part is that I also want to be sure that he gets a good work out when he goes to OT and PT.

Happy New Year to everyone, may you have a great year and may God provide you all that you need to continue to move forward. Thank you, for all your prayers and support, it is much appreciated.

Comments

  1. I cried reading this out load to my husband tonight and as I think about it it is because life seems SO UNFAIR at times. My solice is that I know that God has a plan for everyone's life and gives us roadblocks and crossroads so we learn certain lessons. What are those lessons? I guess we each have to ask ourselves that. What I do know is that I have learned so much from you and your family during the past 10 months.

    May God continue to bless all of you. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Give the little gals a kiss from us and Jason give two kisses.

    I hope 2012 brings peace.
    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the Ross Family,
    May the good Lord bless you abundantly and richly in the New Year. May He keep you in the palm of His hand and give you guidance and protection and may He continue to heal you in all areas of your life. Remember He is always there beside you.
    Paula Gentile, friend of Carol and Tom Hall, from Pasadena Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a happy New Year, and praying for continued healing and strength for our Hero, Jason. God bless you, George, for being a wonderful supportive father to your son, especially at this time of hurting and disappointment. Keep doing what you're doing, and keep Jason on the path God has set before him. Just be sure you take care of yourself as well. You have quite a lot of prayer warriors asking for God's blessings in the life ahead of y'all. Never forget that when you see only one set of footprints, it is then that He is carrying you. You are NEVER alone. Love, hugs, and prayers {{{Jason, George, & Linda}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for healing, both physically and emotionally as each one of you moves forward into a new year and a new life. May you each continue to persevere through the challenges and recognize God's blessings, both large and small.
    Sincerely, Jennifer Geiger

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart and soul are with the Ross family.

    I am hoping that 2012 is a great year for all of you.

    THE ROSS FAMILY IS ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS!!!

    I look at the blog daily....I send my love to you...George, Jason and Linda....every morning!!

    An Air Force mom from Ptown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a plan for everyone and I'm sure Jason's will be one of recovery, fulfillment, happiness, and love. It just takes time. You are a very special family, showing unconditional love and support for one another--it is very inspiring.

    Three cheers for 2012 and all the exciting and positive changes it will bring for you all.

    Sincerely,
    Julie Levie Bower

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)