December 20, 2011 - Final Papers Signed!

Jason and I went down to the housing office and he signed all the necessary documents to allow him to move in to the new property. I apologize, but I did not ask him about publishing his address on the blog, so you'll all have to wait for at least another day, before I provide it - assuming that Jason will agree to have it out there. The house began the day completely empty, and now it has a full set of furniture through out. The only thing that is missing is his bed, and that is supposed to come tomorrow just a short while before he moves in. The folks who did the furniture did a great job of making the place look like a model home, and Jason was impressed.

The day started out with me going over to see Jason, and then there was a visit from a Major General and a Sergeant Major, both responsible for the Wounded Warrior Battalion that Jason is now a part of. The great part of this is that both of these gentlemen came to Bethesda while we were there, and stopped in to see Jason a couple of times. When they walked in to the room this morning the first thing the Sergeant Major said was, "Hey, you look familiar." I said that we had met at Bethesda and then it all clicked. It was a great visit, and we got another photo, and then I had to take off.

Jason was going to be heading off to OT with Lynn, and I was heading over to his new house to allow the furniture to be put in. The furniture was all donated via this group, and is some really good stuff (I'll get the name for tomorrow's post). The challenge was that I was originally told that they were arriving at about 09:00 then at 09:30; then at 10:30 and finally at 11:30. With the last one being correct. In the mean time I was driving back and forth between the hospital and the house, and receiving several phone calls. There was also another group, Gold Star Moms, who donated a house full of food, including a stocking of the refrigerator and some of the paper supplies - including diapers and pull-ups. The food was brought in at about the same time as the furniture, and they managed to stay out of each others way. Again, Jason was totally impressed with everything that is being done for him.

Jason was able to meet a couple of his neighbors and that was good. It seems like a very nice neighborhood. The house itself is only a few years old, and there are plenty of things for the family to do, all close by. I think Jason would have liked to stay longer but needed to get back to his bed, and get out of the chair. One of the pieces of furniture is a recliner, that I'm pretty sure Jason will be able to use. I'll work with him tomorrow on transfers to and from, just to see how it works. Tomorrow is a check out procedure that Jason and I will have to go through, at the hospital. Once that is done, then he will be discharged and no longer living in a hospital. I'll probably have to cook our first meal tomorrow night... I'm excited about this... to say the least.

Thank you, all for all your continued prayers and support.

Comments

  1. I am so happy for you all! I met Jason and your family Thanksgiving weekend with my friend Joyce and the Blue Star Moms. Linda took pictures of us all with your special Christmas tree. To know that everyone will finally be together is such a blessing and I hope that the New Year brings new hope and recovery for you all.

    Jason, you have the strength and character only a few will ever know. Enjoy your home cooked meals - I'm sure you are thrilled!!

    Merry Christmas to you...

    Nanci
    Army Blue Star Mom
    (I brought the beatum' up doll) :)

    PS - I would love to have a copy of the picture if that is ok with you. tnnyazz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - to be out of the hospital for Xmas !!!

    I'm sure Jason will be happy to get out of the hospital and be with his family.

    Jason is such a strong individual, he'll probably continue to amaze us with this miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm choked up with emotion (again reading this blog. I didn't realize all the furniture was donated. For some reason I thought all of Jason's personal belongings were being shipped out. I am in awe of these good people supporting Jason and his family. HE DESERVES IT AND MORE!! A refrigerator full of food too. Thank you Lord for this wonderful Christmas gift to Jason and his family. Thank you for goodness and love. MERRY CHRISTMAS JASON!!! I can't wait until your wife and mom and the little gals get there. I hope a Christmas tree is there also. I am just filled to the tip of my head with happiness for you. Sending love and happiness your way!

    Love,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends
    Merry Christmas George! Happy Leaving The Hospital Day, Whoooo Hoooo
    Ho Ho Ho Merry Merry Merry Days Ahead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason and the Ross Family,
    "Praise the Lord" for all the wonderful things that the Lord has provided you with. You are a true hero and I'll remember you always. May you have a blessed Christmas and a New Year filled with joy, peace, and good health.
    Blessings Always,
    Paula Gentile, friend of Carol and Tom Hall,
    from Pasadena, Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason - so excited to read that the day to move out of the hospital is almost here for you. It has been a long time coming for you and you continue to handle everything with determination and such a positive attitude it makes everyone that is ever lucky enough to meet you or hear about you want to try to make the road a bit less bumpy for you. Enjoy the change Jason, this is a glorious week.
    sending my prayers for safe travels for Bridgette.

    Katie a Marine Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl - a 1/5 Marine Mom of a Wounded Warrior -December 21, 2011 at 8:38 AM

    Jason, I am so happy for you and that you are getting to transition forward to the next stage. Keep up your spirits - you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason,
    This is a wonderful gift that you will be "home" with your family for the holidays. You are an amazing man Jason. Full of spirit. I am so happy for you.

    George,
    You are an amazing dad. Standing by your son every day. You are a "hero" as well. You have helped him through a life changing ordeal.

    God Bless all of the Ross Family. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this wonderful time for you. Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year.

    love & hugs,
    Eileen Bitting
    Marine Mom
    Blue Star Mom
    chapter 101

    ReplyDelete
  8. George and Jason,

    As I write tonight, you should be in your home and out of the hospital!!!!!

    You are both amazing people. I cannot stop smiling and read the blog 3 times. We are very happy for you.

    Thank you for all you have given to us in the service of a great nation and sharing your journey through the blog. You have served all Wounded Warriors via the blog by bringing awareness of the sacrifices of our men and women in the armed forces.

    Cannot wait to hear about your first night in the new home. Hope it was a great dinner!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jason,

    You are an inspiration, and I thank God that you and the Ross family are in my life. I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in your new home. I hope your family has a safe trip to San Diego. And, special blessings to your mother and dad.
    Peace,
    Bill Buchanan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)