December 14, 2011

Today was a bit of a different day, as I went over to see Jason early in the morning, and we had breakfast together; and, that in itself is not too different. Then I helped him get ready for OT and PT work, that was going on in the gym upstairs, and again, that wasn't too different from other days. The difference came shortly after his work out was over. I went up to Los Angeles, to see one of my other sons, David, and his family (Miriam his wife and their son Dylan). Actually, there were a couple of things I needed to get taken care of, and I wanted to be there in person to do so. Anyway, as I was just about to get ready to go a special visitor came in, BGen John Broadmeadow. He was going around and talking to all the Marines, and came in to the gym and sat down to talk with Jason. He had the Sergeant Major with him and his Chief of Staff, but he did most of the talking with Jason (and me). He said he wanted to use some of the stories that Jason was giving him, when he got back over to Afghanistan, and Jason said sure. I think it was for a couple of reasons; 1) for the inspirational side; and, 2)because some of the stuff Jason described could be used for the safety aspect of what the Marines do on a day-to-day basis.

The visit was a nice visit, and Jason always enjoys talking with other Marines, especially those of significant rank, when he feels he can help improve the chances of others in combat. I took off shortly after the visit, and gave Jason his hug and good bye, then drove up to Los Angeles. I was thinking about taking the train, then found out the times of the runs would place me up in the city at almost midnight and that was not a good thing.

I called Jason a little later in the day and he told me that he had had another visitor, Mr. R. Lee Ermey. For those that don't know who he is, he is an actor who was also a Marine, and has quite a resume of films that he has been in. If you're interested you can Google him. I told Jason that I was sorry that I had the camera with me, so he wasn't able to get a picture with him. Funny thing is that just a little more than 10 years ago, Mr. Ermey was also at Jason's graduation from boot camp.

I'll be headed back down to Balboa tomorrow morning, and should get there either late morning or early afternoon. I will have been gone for about 24 hours, and that will be the longest stretch of time that Jason and I have been apart in the past 9+ months... feels kind of strange for me, but probably good that I got away for a little while, or at least that is what I've been told. Thank you, all for all your support and prayers, we are getting ready to turn another corner, and the journey continues.

Comments

  1. Jason, I watched your little girls tonight so that your mom could go to the hairdresser and get out of the house for a bit. Stacy was very busy between watching Tangeled, her favorite movie, and playing make believe cooking and wearing my shoes and scarf. She is a very sweet little girl, polite, smart, and happy. Jackie was a little angel, she has quite the appetite and smiles and laughs. I thoroughly enjoyed playing with them and watching them. They are good kiddos. Jackie said daddy and looked at the pictures on the wall. I hope that I can see them again before they fly on the airplane down to San Diego. I can see why you are so proud of them!!

    Have a great day tomorrow Jason! George drive carefully back down to Balboa.

    All my best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 32:6-7 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)