A good day for everyone, and we didn't even do much of anything. Jason had a couple of appointments this morning, and we did get the girls over to the day care, for their classes, so that was pretty much the normal of the day. We got up around 07:30 this morning - I was up at closer to 06:00, but that allowed me to have a very relaxed and slow morning. We had cereal for breakfast, so there was no push to get the girls to day care any earlier than we needed to. Typically when there are early appointments we get the girls to day care and they'll have breakfast there, with the other kids.

We did get to talk with Dr. Uebelhour, about the experimental effort to "grow" Jason some skin replacement, and found out that there was a mistake done somewhere along the way. Apparently the sample was contaminated and they weren't able to generate what they wanted. This means that it will have to be done again, and the only thing lost was the time from the first effort. It works out to about six weeks. The doctor was very apologetic about the whole thing, but it had nothing to do with him. He did tell us that the company who is generating ("growing") the replacement collagen is doing it for free, and to be honest we don't see how they can stay in business, as this is an expensive process. Once they have the collagen growing, correctly, it will be about three months before they can do a replacement attempt. We did set up a new appointment, and it will coincide with Jason's next laser treatment - just like last time.

Tomorrow there are no scheduled appointments, so I am hoping that I can get a bike ride in, and perhaps get out for more than a couple of hours. We'll get the girls over to the day care, and make sure they're doing okay, and then get back home. I am not aware of any other needs for taking up the day, so I should be able to just get out and ride. I would have liked to have been able to do it today, but there were just too many things going on that interrupted the schedule so I decided to just take the girls to the park and let them play for about a half hour, and they had a really good time.

For dinner tonight we had hot dogs and french fries, and corn. As usual, Jackie did a great job of eating all her food; well, except for what fell on the floor, but what the heck, she's only two. Stacy was quite the character, and she wanted to be sure that she got lots of ketchup on her fries, but constantly worked to wipe her face with her napkin. I had to help her a couple of times, when she missed, but hat was part of the fun. The girls had a nice bath, and made a good mess in the bathroom (I cleaned it up after) and were laughing and giggling most of the way back down to their room. I got them dressed and took them in to say, "good night" to Daddy, then put them to bed with a story and a couple of songs. It has been a good day, indeed. Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support - Take care and stay positive.


  1. Sorry you lost all that time but what a blessing that they're doing it for free!
    Still here praying hard!
    Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014