Had a pretty good day today, with most of it being spent in bed, for Jason. He was feeling better today, though for some reason, he was tired. I made sure he had a good breakfast and that he was comfortable, then I went for my bike ride. Actually, I was gone for almost two hours and went just slightly over 20 miles. When I got back into the house and immediately checked on Jason, he was sleeping. This made me feel good, as I was a little concerned about being gone that long. I let Gracie (his dog) out for a bio-break, and then went upstairs to finish cooling down, so that I could take a shower. The rest of the morning was very relaxed and not a great deal was done, other than picking up the mail and then going grocery shopping.

The rest of the day was spent doing little things around the house; helping Jason with his shower and a good dressing change; and, most importantly... taking a short nap. We had plans to go out tonight to the 710 Beach Club, where a friend of Jason's was performing, and it was important to be fully rested.

We got to the club and found out that there were Blackhawk fans all over the place. The hockey playoffs are still going and the Kinds and the Blackhawks were playing. As it turned out, the Blackhawks did finally win the game, but it wasn't until after a couple of overtimes, or something, because the bands were not allowed to take the stage until much later. As it turned out, while we were waiting we got the chance to meet a few new people, several of them Marines (or former Marines), and then one in particular came over to talk with Jason, and he was there with his parents, and a brother. They are all from Chicago, Scott and Sharron S. were here visiting their sons, and they were very impressed with Jason. They were very nice and offered to buy us drinks a couple of times, though by the time we finally did get inside, they were just about leaving.It was great for us though, as it allowed us to meet some new people and to get a chance to talk with some folks, while we just waited. If we ever get to Chicago we'll need to look them up.

Finally, when the hockey game was over and the music was starting, Jason and I went inside, with Gracie. The music was loud, so we did our best to stay in the back. We did get to see John, Jason's friend, play a few songs, and it was enjoyable, but we had to leave. It was a little rough on Gracie and Jason had been up for several hours by now. We got back to the house and in a few minutes Jason was in bed. I was a little concerned about how long Jason had been up, and I think that might have been a factor as to why we left when we did as well. Now, tomorrow will be a good day to get a few more things done and prepare for the coming week. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers - Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014