It is a little late, so I apologize for the lateness of this post - We had a pretty good day, with a start of taking the girls to day care. We said our good-byes and now we won't have them with us again until Monday. We then decided to go out for a quick breakfast, at the Broken Yoke, and just like they advertise, they brought more food than we could, either of us, eat. Jason suggested that we go see the new movie, Now You See It, so we went to a matinee, and got in for a bit less than the regular cost. The movie was much better than I thought it was going to be, and for those who enjoy puzzles and trying to figure things out, I highly recommend the movie.

We then went home, so that Jason could shower and do a dressing change, and I could go for a short bike ride (first one in a few days). As usual, there was some good news and bad news, with the dressing change; where some of the wounds are closing up better, and a couple were not. We intend to get with the doctors next week to discuss what steps are to be taken, so that we can get more of a positive return for the effort. I will keep you all up-to-date as decisions are made. After the dressing change, Larry came over and so I went off for my bike ride. I came back about 15 miles later, and checked in on the two of them, and let them know I was going to be cooling down and then taking a shower.

We were supposed to be going to dinner tonight with Sherri Beck, of EOD Warrior Foundation, so after I was dressed I went on down stairs and found out that Jason wasn't feeling particularly well, and on top of that he wasn't too anxious to get back into his chair. It was decided that I would go to the dinner, by myself and Larry was going to hang around with Jason as long as he could. It was good to see Sherri, and the other couple that made the dinner, but it would have been better if Jason had been able to make it. Actually, it would have been better if all the people who originally said they were coming, showed up. That didn't happen though, and it went from a part of 14 to a party of four. It was nice though, as we were all able to hear each other and we got to know each other a little better.

I stayed for about an hour and a half, then left. The food was good, and the service was actually some of the best I have experienced in San Diego. From that perspective I was very pleased. The down side was that Jason wasn't there, and Linda had to go back home yesterday, so she missed the dinner, too. Anyway, I went back home and Jason was feeling a little better, and it was probably good that he hadn't come, as it allowed him to relax a little more. We now have the weekend coming up and it is going to be a good one, with a few things planned, and I'll tell you about those as we accomplish them. Thank you, for all the continued prayers, and support and take care and stay positive.


  1. Glad that you could enjoy the dinner at least. Sorry so many couldn't be there!
    These words are such a precious gift of comfort! Praying!
    Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014