Today was an incredibly fun day, especially having the girls around. We got and going, at the house, around 07:30 this morning, and it was actually a little unusual. Stacy was awake before Jackie. We got up and we all had breakfast, then we were on our way to Gracie's training. The training was up in Oceanside, so we had to plan on a 30 + minute drive. As it turned out, something was going on, on the freeway, and the CHP had completely stopped all traffic going South (we were headed North, at the time). I'm glad I had made a mental note of that, as it affected our return.

Anyway, we got to the area in Oceanside, where they were just gathering for the training to begin. Jason met a few new people, as well as connecting up with a couple that he already knew. He asked that the girls not be around for the session, as he didn't want to have the distraction for either him or Gracie, so I took the girls for a walk on their board walk, or wharf. It was actually quite a nice little place and plenty of interesting things to see, including the seals in the harbor area, but the most interesting thing was when we walked past a father and his son, as they were going fishing. The son looked to be about nine years old, and he was carrying the bait buckets. They were filled with water and sardines, and you could tell he was struggling a little with them, but determined to get them to their spot. When we passed them, apparently one of the fish jumped out of the bucket and Stacy saw it. It was still alive and we grabbed it and threw it back into the harbor. At least to give it a little bit of a chance. Needless to say, Stacy was excited and I congratulated her on catching a fish, without a poll or net. When we got back to where Jason and Gracie were she was much more than happy to tell Daddy all about the fish she "caught."

Shortly after that we were headed back down to San Diego, so we took a look at the traffic on the freeway (we could see it easily from where we were) and it didn't look too friendly. I told Jason I would just drive along the cost highway and join back on to the freeway after Torrey Pines. It was a slower route than when we drove up, but I believe it was faster than if we had taken the freeway back down. We got home about about 12:20, so I fixed lunch for everyone and then the girls went down for a nap. This gave me a chance to fold some clothes and then do a little resting of my own.

The girls got up about 16:00 (4:00pm) and then we went shopping. We needed a few things around the house, and this would give Jason a little more time to rest quietly, while we were gone. Stacy picked out the dinner for tonight, lasagna, and a little after getting back home I started dinner. The lasagna was a frozen casserole  and took over an hour to cook. We really didn't get a chance to eat until after 19:00 (7:00pm). Te girls loved the dinner and afterward I gave them chocolate cup cakes - Jason too - for desert. Baths were taken and a bed time story, then off to sleepy land. It has been an enjoyable day and I hope more to these will be coming. Not sure what we will be doing for Father's Day, but the girls did pick up a card for Daddy so we got that covered.  Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support, and take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014