This morning was a moderately exciting morning for Jason, as he received his Navy/Marine Commendation Citation and Medal. It was the first time for me to see one presented, so it was exciting for me, too. The Battalion Commander invited me to take pictures and suggested that I just move about to get better shots, and then when the "pinning" of the medal took place he called me over to get a good close up. I thought it was really nice of him to do that for Jason, and me. It was the first time that I was a part of his formation, and I found it very interesting, and enlightening. All together it took a little under 30 minutes and we were back in the van before 08:00, headed over to his first appointment.

 Jason had a pretty easy day today, for appointments. He had a 09:00 with Physical Therapy (PT) and then one other, where he had to go get a shot. The PT appointment was with Dawn, and she worked his shoulders, to try to get them loosened up a bit. That appointment lasted for about an hour, then the shot took about 10 minutes, but that was because we had to walk to another building and get up to the fourth deck (floor -  its a Navy hospital so they don't have floors). After that we took Gracie, his dog, to her appointment and then headed back to the house.

We actually didn't get the girls until a bit later because they had to be taken into see the doctor to check out a rash or something, on the back of Stacy's leg. When they did get her they both looked great and had lots of energy (I think they like coming to the house), and one of the best things that they could have done they did. They ran back to see Daddy, and let him know they were here. It made me feel pretty good... We had dinner and then the girls played for a little bit, then got ready for bed. I read them a story about Spring, and how all the plants and animals communicate, to know that it is Spring. Afterward I went in to check on Jason to see if he needs anything (snacks,water, etc.) and then also to make sure I know what is going on in the morning. We will be taking Gracie to a training session at 11:00, over in Ocean Beach. That means I don't have to get up at 06:00 and can "sleep in" or at least attempt to... ;-) Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers - and take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018