March 10, 2015

Another good day for the Ross family, as we continue with this new life and adventure. We got up this morning and got the girls ready for school. They had their breakfast and then told Daddy good-bye and we were off to school. Since there were no appointments to be concerned about I was soon to get out on a bike ride. First I had to fix a breakfast for Jason and I, so I made some oatmeal - we both like it and it is relatively easy to make. About a half an hour after eating I was out on the road.

I had planned on going out and getting more than 20 miles in, though I really didn't know how far I would go. I was probably at about the 4.5 mile mark when my phone began to ring. I don't know who that first caller was, as there was no name associated with the number and no message was left. The next call came about 30 seconds after the first and I was already stopped, so I decided to answer. It was probably a good thing because it was the VA and I was trying to make an appointment with my doctor, and this was that call. I finished the call and started to go again and then the phone rang again, about 30 seconds later. It was the VA again, letting me know the location had been changed and they gave me the new information. Again I was riding and this time I got out about 2 full minutes when the phone rang again and I answered it, again, and it was a return call from Balboa Hospital, confirming another appointment. Finally, the last call came about 5 minutes later and it was a survey "robo-call" that I actually just hung up on, and decided at that point I wasn't going to answer any more calls that came in. All the stopping and starting really gets to you and messed up my timing, and I decided to go with a shorter ride and ended up with just over 16.5 miles.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed and when it was time I went to go pick up the girls, with Linda and we just simply walked there and back home. Today is Taco Tuesday, and the girls love it, especially since we make our own re-fried beans (they're really pretty good). It is a truly simple dinner that tastes great. Not much else happened the rest of the night and the girls were in bed on time and then we got some alone time for ourselves. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014