March 14, 2015

Jason and I went to a gun show today, while Linda went to a Blue Star Mother's meeting. Both events were rewarding for us, and we had a good time. Jason and I left at about the same time that Linda left, only we got back before she did. To give a more full picture, Linda also went to a thrift store, or two, and that could account for the extra time she took.

While at the show we both picked up ear plugs, custom-made-on-the-spot ear plugs that were then given to us, as a gift from the owner. He told Jason that he appreciated his service and that he felt it was the least he could do. They seem to work well, and the next time we go shooting we will take advantage of them - mine were blue and his were red, just to be sure we don't get them mixed up. The way it worked was that we went to their booth, where they created the plugs, and then told us we needed to come back in about an hour. That meant we could walk around the hall and check out more things. It was a pretty big show so there was plenty for us to walk around and see, in fact there were two large halls for us to wander through, and we did. By now it was time to go back and pick up our new ear plugs, and then we were on our way home.

Gracie was with us the entire time, with most of the people being very polite and not approaching, while others were very nervous around her, simply because she was a dog, and stayed their distance. Others were not so polite and would get up close and we'd have to ask them to not do that, as she is a service dog and "working" right now, and then there were the kids who had absolutely no hesitation to come see Gracie (the good thing is that Gracie is good around kids). Parents followed, but what the heck were they doing by themselves in the first place?

The rest of the day was simply kicking back and resting, and I even got a chance to take a short nap before Linda got home. As soon as she got home I could tell she had, had a good time because her energy level was very high and she was quite happy. She told me all about the meeting and my guess is that she will be wanting to go to more of them, especially after we get up to Fallbrook. Their meetings are much closer to that location, than to this house. It was fun listening to her, and we just had a very good time, thus making the day a very good day. Thank you, for all the support and continued prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Know that I'm always praying!
    Psalms 130:1-2, 5-7 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications (5-7) I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True hope is in the Lord! Praying!
    Lamentations 3:21-26 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call upon the Lord! He hears! He answers according to His Will. Praying as always!
    Lamentations 3:55-58 I called upon thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon. Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry. Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not. O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)