March 11, 2015

Wednesdays are always kind of strange, in that we have the girls in the morning and then we take them to school, then we don't get to see them for at least a couple of days. We, start to miss them as soon as they're gone, but we also know it is only a short while until they're back. This morning was a little different in that I over slept (I'm sort of the resident "alarm clock") and we only had about 45 minutes to get ready. We still managed to get them up and dressed; fed them their breakfast; and, made their lunches. Then we were out the door and we actually made it to school in plenty of time - okay, we probably had as much as 30 seconds before they became "late."

The rest of the day was Jason and I going to the Wound Care Clinic, at Balboa and a discussion came up about what was being done for his continued challenges of healing. This is actually a topic of discussion that is going to be taking place with Jason's primary doctor, on Friday, at 09:00. The hope is to tie together the two main groups, from Bethesda and Balboa and to bring in the VA if needed. I know how much it would mean to me to see Jason's wounds close up, so I can only imagine what it would mean to Jason.

I have been feeling like I've been fighting a cold lately and today it really felt like I was being drained of energy, when at about 21:00 (9 pm) my sinuses suddenly cleared and I felt like I was given a boost of energy. I can still feel a little congestion in my sinuses, but no where what I was feeling earlier, and my overall outlook is soooo much better than just two hours ago. Honestly I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do a post back then. Speaking of the post, below are some of the pictures from Jason's 4th Live Day Anniversary celebration. It was such a great time and we are already planning on a bigger celebration next year.

As for the  Smart Home that is being built for Jason, the builders are asking us for some information, such as sinks, toilets and fixtures, so Linda and I have been doing some searching and identifying those items we would like for our area of the house. Jason did the rest of the house and felt we should be doing our side, since we'll be the ones living there. Anyway, Linda has been doing most of the heavy lifting with that, and I've been more the supporting role kind'a guy. I guess that's why, in general, women make better interior designers than men.

We will be going to a couple of appointments, the rest of this week, and if there is time I will be out on the bike. Linda and I will be going up to the new construction and seeing what their progress is, and to just get a feel for what is happening - - plus it's just kind of fun to go. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.
Steve doing the honors at the grill


Jason with Stacy and Jackie


Anthony, Jason, Kristen, and Tim

Jason with Joselyn and her Family

The whole group of folks who were there ... except for Linda and I

Jason and Kristen

Jason with Proud Parents

Comments

  1. So glad you'll have some say about what you want in your part of the house. It sounds like it's going to be amazing!
    Keep your eyes on the Lord! Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 18:30-32 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to let you know I'm praying!
    Psalms 25:1-2a. 4-5 Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee...Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)