March 4, 2015

Hello, Hello, Hello - We are all back from our travels and getting back into the grove of being in San Diego. We actually got back on the 2nd, but that was late in the evening, with both of us being very tired. Yesterday we had to get up early to get the girls to school, and then in the evening Jason and I went off to another event that we committed too. It was a nice event and the dinner was good, yet I think next time (if there is a next time) I won't plan on going to an event so close to returning from a week being gone, especially if that means coming back from the east coast. Today was much better, and Linda and I even had the chance to take a short nap in the afternoon. Jason was sleeping too, as I think the event wore him down just a little.

We went out to see Dr. Malone (see pic below) and to spend some time with the Bolder Crest Retreat (BCR), being hosted by EOD Warrior Foundation and Courage Beyond. Courage Beyond is focused on helping anyone who is needing help, and not just EOD, as EOD Warrior Foundation is. We had a great time playing in the snow, meeting some old friends and making some new ones. Ken Falke and his wife, Julia, run Boulder Crest Retreat (and own it) was someone we had met back in Bethesda, back in 2011, and even back then he was telling us that we should come out to visit his place - now we have and we look forward to coming back. The next time though we'll bring the girls and even have Jason come along with us, if it is possible. I encourage everyone to get out on the web an check out BCR, and heck, there might be something there for you as well.

While we were gone, Joselyn was here working with Jason and helping him wherever and whenever he might need it. From what she was telling us, though, Jason did most of the stuff on his own. As I mentioned, we left on a Tuesday, so that meant the girls were still with Jason when we left. Jason did all the cooking for the girls and made sure they were taken care of properly. Joselyn said she was impressed with how he just stepped right up and fixed dinner and had no problems getting around in the kitchen. Yes, there were some challenges, and he had to make a few extra efforts, but there wasn't anything that got in the way, to the point that it prevented him from taking care of the girls. He also made sure they got to bed on time and up in the morning. Jason had a pretty good time while we were gone. Joselyn helped to take care of his wounds while I was gone, and I am very happy with the quality of her work, while I was gone.

Yesterday's event, that Jason and I went to was more of a public relations type thing for the two of us, as it was actually at a golf tournament, and neither of us were playing any golf yesterday. We didn't show up to the event until just a little while before dinner, when everyone was socializing. We got to meet a few new people and saw that another friend of ours, Artum, received his own paramobile, and that is a good thing. He is also a bilateral amputee, and his wounds are considered high, though not as high as Jason's. His ability to get out and do more is now greatly enhanced. Jason and I went, and Linda and the girls stayed back at the house - Heck, it was Taco Tuesday, and the girls love Tacos. We got back home, from the event, at about 22:00 (10pm), and then Jason wanted his shower. As a result I was able to get to bed about 22:30(10:30pm).

This morning Linda and I got up, feeling a little better, and that was a good thing. We got the girls up and it felt a little more like a "normal" kind of morning. After getting the girls to school we came back home and then Jason and I took the pets, both Gracie and Mr. Jingles, to the vet. It was a check up kind of visit, and both just happened to fall on the same day - made it a lot easier. Both of them are doing okay, and nobody needed any shots or anything... this made for a short visit. After we got back home Linda had a couple of errands and then needed to get Jackie over for an appointment of her own. While she was doing this I took the opportunity to go for a bike ride. It had been far too many days since my last ride and I really needed to get out. It wasn't a long ride, since it was getting started much later in the day than I usually go, still I was able to get in over 15 miles. Perhaps I'll be able to get another one in tomorrow, and get a few more miles in.

If feels good to be back home, and back into a more regular schedule. We have plenty of things to keep us busy and will be doing just that, staying busy. It feels a lot like Spring is trying to get going, and we would love to see it as soon as possible. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.
Meeting with Dr. Malone

Dr. Malone showing us her new truck


Linda being silly (and cute)

George working a snow angle

snow angle

Linda playing in the snow

Linda making a snow angle

Linda's snow angle

Our cabin at BCR

The cabin's kitchen

The cabin's dinning area

Sitting area in the cabin

Part of the equine therapy (Clayton and Gabriel)

The labyrinth 

George out in the snow again

George getting ready to head down the snow on a sled

Linda shooting down the slop on a sled

Jason at the golf event with Amir a retired Lt. Col. in the Navy Seals


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014