March 30, 2015

We are home now and dealing with some sad news. While we were driving back down here, actually to a stop in Los Angeles, we received news that a good friend of ours took his life. Marine LCpl Artem Lazukin was a great guy and a friend to Jason. He was a double amputee who had been able to get through some very rough patches in his life, and we all felt that he was going to be one of the true survivors. He and Jason would go shooting with Anthony Netto, and the three of them had a great time, just doing what those guys liked to do - shoot their guns and see how accurate they could be. He will be missed by many of us.

The reason for the trip up to Livermore, this time, was to visit with our sons, George III and Sean. George turned 38 on March 21, and this was the first chance we had to get up to see him. He is still doing great, and we suspect that he will continue doing great, as he has such a great positive attitude and really loves the area where he lives as well as the job he has. Sean is still living in San Francisco and is doing much better. He was ill a short while ago and looks to have lost at least 10 lbs. Now, for those that know Sean, loosing 10 lbs. is a lot, and we hope that he puts on a little more weight. He is still working for H&M and living in the same apartment. Sean has made some changes to the apartment and I have to say I was impressed with what he did, to make it look larger (I didn't think it was possible, but he managed to do it. We also got a little time to visit with a few of our friends and even went to church on Sunday, then headed back right afterward, and our next stop is Los Angeles.

In Los Angeles, we were able to see our son David and his wife Miriam, and their sons Dylan and Ethan. It was a very nice visit, as we didn't have to go anywhere, so we went to the park with the boys, and let them ride their bikes (I guess it runs in the family) and play in the play area. Dylan loves to climb the rocks and make his way through the different climbing structures. Ethan hasn't quite gotten the climbing ability figured out as well as Dylan, so he stays with the slightly easier areas. Like all boys, they love the slides and being as high up as they can, so they can look down on all the people walking on the ground.

We left David and Miriam's place at about 08:00 this morning and made it down to Linda's parents' (Joe and Jess) home in Lake Forest  just a little before 09:30. We had breakfast with them and visited for a little while. They are looking great and planning on coming down to our place on Easter. We finished breakfast and then a short while later we were on the road again - I think it was about 11:15. We really got lucky with traffic on this trip, as there were no sluggish or stopped traffic we had to deal with. It did get slow in a couple places, but it always continued to move. When we walked in the house we set the things we were carrying down and then went in to see Jason. Funny part is that he was getting ready to come out and take Gracie for a walk and go check on the mail. By the time he was back we had emptied the car and were about half-way through putting things away.

Jason was in pretty good spirits, considering what had happened over the weekend, and we took a little time to just talk about it. I think it did Linda and I as much, or more, good as it did Jason, to just talk about it. Artem was a quiet guy, recovering from a number of wounds and things were looking good for him, though he was feeling the pressure to continue. Now he is away from all that and now he is with God. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. OH that breaks my heart! I pray daily for all who are suffering from PTSD, especially those who are thinking of killing themselves. They went through so much, sacrificed so much....they need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Praying!
    Psalms 27:7-9 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always keep your eyes on the Lord. Praying!
    Psalms 27:13-14: I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)