March 13, 2015

Kind of a busy day today, though it did get off to a slower than usual start. I didn't wake up until after 07:00, and that was a little on the unusual side, and I have to admit I was pretty happy about it. Actually, I don't think I would have moved, to get anybody going if it had not been for the 09:00 appointment, this morning. Linda and I managed to get going and went down stairs to get Jason some breakfast, and then we were off to go see Dr. Sheu.

Dr. Sheu is Jason's primary doctor, at Balboa, and he has been one of the best we have had the privilege to work with, while at Balboa. He seems to have done more to identify seating and comfort solutions for Jason than any of the previous primaries at Balboa, and that is primarily why I like him. Because of traffic we did arrive a little later than we had wanted to, though I don't think that impacted the conversation much.  We covered a number of topics, though the number one item was what we could do to help Jason heal and get to a point of being ready for the next step. We will actually be continuing the conversation next week, when we go to the VA on Wednesday.

After finishing at Balboa we took Jason back to the house. He had considered going to Fallbrook, with us, then decided he was better served if he just went back home. Linda and I got up to the house and we were totally surprised and pleased, at the progress. We walked the house and talked with the General Contractor about a couple of things, and then took a few pictures. One of the big items we talked about was the size of the window in our bedroom. Linda and I felt that it was simply too large, and is now going to be reduced to a more acceptable size. One of the best things we learned was that they are moving along very well, with the construction, and there is a good possibility that we will be in the new house prior to the end of the Summer. Below are some pictures of today's visit.

The ride home was relatively uneventful - the way I like them to be, though we did have to deal with a few spots of heavy traffic. We are going to try to get up to the house, again on next Thursday and then again on the 25th, for an official walk through. The 25th, Jason will be with us, and he will be going through the house. It is really getting to be pretty exciting. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

The long hall way of the house

As we drove up, what we saw from the front.

Looking at the land, below the house.

More of the property

The house from the driveway of the family next door.

Down by the front of the property


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014