March 20, 2015 - Happy Spring

Today began with a normal getting up in the morning, with girls getting their breakfast and then off to school. Jason and I had oatmeal and Linda made herself a little breakfast, too. A little while after breakfast I went out and rode my bike for a nice 30 mile ride, and discovered a new 5 mile loop (actually it is just a little under 5 miles) around Fiesta Island, out in Mission Bay. Funny thing is I have ridden past the entrance to the loop dozens of times, today I just decided to check it out. It is a very nice easy way around, and you're almost constantly next to the water, with little other traffic.

Linda took care of a few things at the house and then took off to take care of some errands and that left Jason at the house, on his own for a couple of hours. It isn't the first time that he has been left by himself, and I think he enjoys not having anyone around, every now and then. Heck, I enjoy a little solitude once in a while, too. As it was, I was back at the house at about noon, maybe a little after and I made lunch for Jason and I. We have been focusing on healthier meals for these past few weeks, and today I decided that I would fix some chili, from the can. I think it was a mistake. My stomach let me know that it wasn't happy, and continued to remind me for several hours afterward. Fortunately, Jason didn't seem to be bothered by it, then again, he is a Marine.

One of the really cool things that happened, a little later in the afternoon, was that the Ability Center called and let us know his truck was ready. We all got into the van and headed over there, and I don't think we could have timed it any better. When we arrived there were almost no parking spaces open, and they were wanting to move a bunch of vehicles from the front of the building to the back and behind the building. I had to move the van a couple of times so as to not block their progress. It only lasted for about 10 minutes, but was still kind of fun. At the same time, all the moving of vehicles allowed from more room for Jason's truck. They showed Jason what adjustments were made and then he got back into his truck and we were headed on back to the house, here. I could tell that Jason was very happy to have his truck back again.

Tonight we promised to let the girls stay up a little later, so they could watch a movie and eat some popcorn. Both Stacy and Jackie wanted to help with the popping and got very excited when the first kernels started to pop. We made enough to fill a grocery bag, and then we all sat down to watch the movie - "Big Hero 6" - Kind of a hybrid U.S./Japanese city of the current time period, though some of the stuff they were doing was pretty advanced. Anyway, the girls were having a great time and got to watch most of the movie, until it was time to get to bed. Linda kept working on laundry and other stuff, during the movie, while I sat on the couch with the girls.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for us, as Linda and I will be taking the girls to the Photo People, to have their pictures taken. There are ulterior motives for going to a photographer, rather than doing them ourselves, but I'm not going to go into that right now, as I think Linda wants to keep it under wraps right now. Jason is planning to take come of his pistols out and do some target shooting, and he is especially excited to finally get to shoot his 1917 vintage Colt 45 Peacemaker. I think I would have liked to have gotten a chance to shoot it as well, but right now I don't think that is going to happen. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Continuing to lift up prayers.
    Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)