March 18, 2015

Last night we were notified that we were going to be taking care of the girls for the next week, which means they will be with us for nine days in a row. This isn't the first time this has happened, but it is the shortest notice we've received. We enjoy having the girls with us, and we really do feel they benefit from more time spent with us, just that it would be so much nicer if we knew more in advance, so that we didn't have to suddenly modify plans. I guess it is just the way it is for now, and we will continue to do our best to keep a happy and strong environment for the girls.

When we got up this morning another change was that I wasn't too involved with getting the girls up and ready for school. Linda was doing just about everything while I got ready for a job interview. As many of you know I have been doing some looking for employment, over these past couple of years, and not much has happened, other than a couple of interviews. Today was a little different, as I went to the interview knowing that I already knew who the company is, since I worked for them about seven years ago, and there is a certain level of comfort in knowing who they are (Rudolph and Sletten - a construction company). Also, at this time, we are in a position where we really don't NEED me to work, and that based on the money and savings we have, we can live comfortably - just can't go out and do much, very often. The interview went well, and I was very happy with what was said. I will probably be mostly working part time, so I will still be able to help Jason a great deal, and Linda won't have to carry everything herself. Linda has been the quiet pillar of support for me, for over a year now and sometimes I don't recognize her enough for it.

The rest of the day was very nice, as the interview was early in the morning, and this meant that I got back home early enough for me to still get out on my bike. I got 21.25 miles in and found a new loop that was really pretty good, as it avoids a bunch of traffic. Once I was back home and cleaned up, Jason and I went to Costco and bought a bunch of food that we needed. Linda was out taking care of other errands, and it seemed like we all got back at the house at about the same time. I think they (Joselyn's regular schedule put her back at the house at 14:00 (2pm)) arrived just a little before we got there. Once all the food was put away Linda and I walked over to go pick up the girls. This is where I was surprised - I honestly didn't expect both of them to react so happily to seeing us, as we normally don't pick them up on Wednesday. I have to tell you, it made me feel soooo much better.

Tonight we had some grilled burgers, as I fixed them on the grill while Linda took care of everything else. It was a simple dinner, yet very tasty and it has gotten to the point where salads almost have to be a part of each meal. I guess the burgers tasted good enough as both the girls ate theirs without any problem, along with the vegetables. Not much else happened, except to say we all had time to sit back with the girls and read to them. First they went in a spent some time with Jason, and then they decided to come out and sit with Grandma and then finally with Grandpa. This basically went on until it was time for bed, and that made it a very nice evening. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. hope you enjoy your time with the girls!
    Praying as always!
    Psalms 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying!
    Philippians 3:9-11 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)