March 31, 2015

Today was a wonderful day for us. We have been riding a bit of an emotional roller coaster, so we needed a good level day to get our feet back on the ground. The girls got up this morning with Linda's encouragement and I was in the kitchen fixing breakfast and their lunches. Despite the fact that they didn't want to get out of bed, it felt good to be back in that routine. They came out and ate breakfast and then we were off to school. Even Jason, who typically says good-bye from his bed, came out and gave them hugs, and we were off.

The rest of the day was very much like that - I decided I wanted to get out for a bike ride, after helping Jason with his shower (normally he takes a shower later in the day, but due to a rough night, the previous night, he was very tired last night and fell asleep and thus, didn't get his normal shower in). I had some other things to do so I also knew I was going to have to make it a short ride, and I did - 12 miles. I was out and back in less than an hour, and as I came back to the house Linda was coming out to begin some of her errands. I am so glad that she does not object to taking care of all the shopping and running around, that I just don't enjoy doing. Jason had also left to take care of some banking challenges he is dealing with (seems the VA has goofed up his pay and very little came in to the bank - It is being dealt with and should be a non-issue in a week ... we hope).

The rest of the day found me catching up on some reading (I'm actually reading some technical papers, and enjoying them), and Linda taking care of some Easter preparations, AND decorations. The girls really enjoy the decorations, especially when they get to help put them out. We walked over to the school to pick up the girls and walked back home, and like I eluded to, the girls got to put out some of the decorations with Grandma. On top of all that, its Tuesday so that means - TACOS for dinner. They were excellent and plentiful, and as they usually do, right after they were done eating they both come running over to me and want to sit on my lap. Doesn't matter that I'm not done eating, they just like to sit on Grandpa's lap. That is until the ice cream cones came out, then they were happy to sit in their own chairs again. 

Linda gave the girls a bath and this time I helped Jason with his shower at the same time. We got all this done and then it was story reading time. I let each of them pick out a story they wanted and we sat down to just relax right on into bed time. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)