March 24, 2015

Yesterday was a busy day, and we had a great time with all of it.  It began with a normal activity of getting the girls up and ready for school, and then I went for a short bike ride. Once that was done I came home and fixed a lunch for Jason and I, while Linda took care of some other chores and some running around that needed to be done - I got to be the luckiest guy to have a wife who really enjoys getting out and taking care of that kind of stuff, because I REALLY don't like it.

Anyway, once she was back at home, a little after noon, it gave me a chance to take a short nap, because we were going to be going to dinner, up in Newport Beach. Last year, at the Carrington event there was an auction, and at that auction one of the items offered was a complete dinner by Chef Alessandro Pirozzi and it was purchased by John and Kristie. Fast forward to about a week ago and we receive an email, inviting us to join them, along with a few other people. Our first reaction is, Wow! That is going to be a great meal, and it could be really fun ... it was, on both accounts. I really don't know how they came up with our name, but we're glad they did.

John is also a car enthusiast and has some amazing autos in his garage, so after dinner, which we helped to prepare (a little) we all went down to the garage and John showed us his collection. It was quite obvious that he was proud of the cars and I even managed to take a picture of the El Camino (1975, I think), though it was done with my phone camera rather than my Cannon. I haven't figured out how to transfer from my phone to the computer yet, so I can't share it right here. After the evening was over we had to get going, after all it had been a long day for Jason by now.

We needed to get home to allow the babysitter to get going, fortunately she is on her college Spring Break, and it was getting late. We all managed to get in to bed before midnight, and I can assure you all, that we were all very tired. Funny part is that I still managed to wake up at 06:15, without the use of an alarm clock. Linda was still asleep, so I let her stay in bed, as I knew it wouldn't be long before at least one of the girls came up to "check on her." Jackie went up to find Grandma at about 06:45, so she managed to get about another 30 minutes sleep.

After we got the girls off to school we had to take care of a few things, like start getting ready for the drive back up to Livermore. It was George's (our oldest son) 38th birthday on the 21st, and we wanted to go up and spend a little time with him and see our other son, Sean. In the mean time, while Linda is doing on the "heavy lifting" I decide to go for a bike ride - I won't be riding for the next 5 days, so I want to get a good ride in today. I end up clocking 36 miles on my odometer and felt pretty good about it. I still don't go very fast, but I do manage to just keep on going.

Tonight we went out to see the cats, and take them some supplies. It is going to be so nice when the house is built, so that the cats can come back and live with us. I think they're going to like their new home, and we will be able to finally get back to a more normal life again. Tomorrow, we're headed north, but in the mean time, we are also going up to the new house, and having a walk through with the builder and cabinet installer. We have been picking all kinds of stuff for the house and now this will be some of the best stuff yet. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. The Lord hears. The Lord is near! Praying!
    Psalms 34:15, 17-19 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry...The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True peace comes only from the Lord. Lifting up prayer!
    Romans 5:1-4 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that I'm here praying right now!
    Romans 5:6-9 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)