March 16, 2015

Yesterday was a very good day for us, though it got started a little later than we originally planned. I managed to get in a bike ride, a short one of about 10 miles, though we didn't make it to church. I only went for the short ride because I wasn't feeling right, not really sick, just not feeling like I was 100%. When I got back home I just sat back and relaxed a little and then showered. Afterward I was feeling a little better yet my energy level was really low. Funny thing is, that Linda wasn't feeling all that great either so we decided that potentially it was better that we stay home, just in case we were coming down with something.

We did work on picking some of the interior items for Jason's new house, and that took up a few hours, and then Jason came out and the three of us started working on all the different areas and now I think we have a pretty good idea of what we want and where. AND it is all going to look pretty good once it is completed. By this time it was getting a little later in the afternoon and Linda and I decided that we needed to get out, and one of the things we like to do is go to the zoo.

Since we had not been to the Wild Life Safari Park yet, we decided to go there. I "knew" generally where it was, so we took off, headed up I-5. Those of you that know where the park is probably groaned at that; those of you who don't know - I should have just gone up I-15, and saved myself over 1/2 an hour driving. The good part is that they have recently switched to closing at 18:00 (6pm), so we had a little more time ... and we needed it.

We took the tram tour of the African Lands section (this is where they have different sections of the park identified, such as South Africa, East Africa, West Africa and so on) and found it very interesting and kind of fun. Another little bonus was the fact that it was getting a little later in the day and the animals were up and moving about, so we were able to view more than if it had been in the hotter parts of the day. Now that we have a better idea of what to look for, and where the park is, we'll be taking the girls and maybe Jason to the park (depends on if he wants to go - it is still a long drive).  When we got home we were both kind of tired, though there was still much to do, and dinner to prepare. The day ended a little while later and both of us were very tired, and thus I did not post any kind of blog.

Today, Jason had a few appointments at Balboa, and also he needed to take care of some personal business, over at the bank. Apparently, somewhere along his travels his bank information had been compromised and there was a person trying to make a purchase using his account. Fortunately the bank caught it and Jason won't be loosing any money over it, he does need to get a new card from the bank though, and that's what we were going to do. Funny thing is, the bank called him and LifeLock did not. Jason is a big proponent of LifeLock, yet they didn't call or anything - we're just glad the bank did.

Jason and I got back to the house at about 14:00 (2pm) and so did Linda and Joselyn. They weren't together, its just that we all arrived at the house at about the same time. Jason was hungry, and so was I, so Joselyn made him some lunch and I made me a quick sandwich. The girls were going to be at the house soon, so we wanted to be sure that we, at least,  were able to have some lunch, since breakfast today was actually a little liter than usual. It all worked out and everything is great, and the girls came home excited about St. Patrick's Day tomorrow.

St. Patrick's Day is always going to be a big day for us, as it is the day they brought Jason up and out of the induced comma, and it was the first time he was able to speak with any of us, since he returned to the States, from being injured in Afghanistan (I'll be speaking more to that tomorrow). The girls were full of energy and Linda worked with Stacy to get her home work completed, while I read a book to Jackie. The girls then played (a lot of that was with Daddy) until dinner and that was chicken, rice and vegetables. A short while later we were putting them to bed and the day was effectively over. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Lifting up prayer!
    Psalms 56:3-4, 13 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me...For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)