May 13, 2015

Linda and I went up to the house today and did some measurements for some of the furniture we already have, and to just check out what was going on. We were pleased to see the continued progress, even from just yesterday. Linda found some places where she was happy with how the furniture is going to fit, and how we can make different things fit. As a result of that visit we came back down to San Diego and I went over to our storage unit and began moving some things around so that we could get a better idea of just what we actually had. Now, I also have to say I didn't do this alone - Bobbie Bryan offered to give me a hand, and because I had his help we were able to get through more than I expected. Tomorrow Linda and I will be going back to storage and going through the unit to identify just what we are going to be keeping, selling and donating. We do have a bunch of stuff, and most of it will not be coming to the new house, simply because it won't work, or fit. Now, we're not talking about dishes and clothes, we're talking about furniture.

When Linda moved down from Livermore she went through what I kind of think of as stage-1 of our new environment. She sold and got rid of a bunch of stuff. Now we are approaching stage-2, where we don't have as much, yet we still need to reduce so that moving into the new house will be easier and more comfortable. The hard part is that some of the items have emotional value, as well as the intrinsic value of the dollar.

I think Jason is beginning to get the excitement "bug" about moving to a new home/house. He is always so cool and calm, and now he is showing signs like when he talks with the contractors and gets more involved with any of the design aspects. For example they recently got the cabinets installed and Jason was able to test out some of them. He was very pleased with how they worked, and so were the cabinet installers. We will continue to go back and forth between the house in Fallbrook and San Diego, and I will do my best to keep you all informed of how it is coming along. Also, I will be posting pictures, just as soon as I figure out why my latest pictures are not being loaded to the computer. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. You're in the Lord's Hands.
    Psalms 139:7-10 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)