May 30, 2015

Kind of a busy day today, with the morning starting out with me taking Jason's truck over to the new car wash that just opened up. I wanted to go there for a couple of reasons, with the biggest one being related to the fact that they have excellent vacuum stations for the cars and trucks, and because of the dogs, Jason's truck really needed vacuuming. Another big factor is the fact that the car wash is FREE!

I'm guessing they are wanting to let people know they're there and are giving away washes this first few days and hope to build a base. The quality of the wash is good, and like I said, the vacuum stations are very good. The only down I see is their wheel cleaning ability, and that is not very good at all. Still, that is a minor thing, considering the cost, and they do have you in and out relatively quickly - they advertise a 3-minute car wash (doesn't include the vacuum, and you have to do that yourself).

After the car wash I came back to the house and helped Linda with some of the cleaning she was doing. Actually I was entertaining the kids mostly while she cleaned, and that lasted for a little while. She had made breakfast earlier, so I was able to sit down and eat before I had to head off, back up to Anthony's "old" house to finish picking up the stuff he was storing for us, and also to give him a hand at loading some things into his truck. I ended up staying there and working a little longer than I had originally planned, though I think the help was seriously needed since Anthony has some physical limitations and the only other person there was Angelica's son, George. George and I carried the remaining heavy stuff and put it in the trailer or the bed of the truck; I helped tie it down and moved a few other things; and, then I had to get going so I could unload the van.

I had gone up in the van and it was now full. By the time I was done putting all the stuff in our storage it was about 14:30 (2:30pm) and I was getting a little hungry. I was also getting to be a bit tired now, and just wanted to sit down and take a little rest. Basically, my day was over except that I was going to be cooking dinner later. The girls were napping at this point and Linda wanted to get out and take care of some of her errands.

Dinner was simple and nice, as I fixed some fish sticks with rice and vegetables. Not sure how we have been so lucky, but the girls actually asked for vegetables for dinner, and as far as we're concerned we'll provide that every time. This evening was nice as I was getting the blog written I saw a notice that the "Free" MLB game of the week was the Giants game, so I get to see a Giants home game, and its free. I truly enjoy watching Timmy pitch. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. There's no better place of refuge than in the Lord's Almighty hands! Praying!
    Psalms 46:7, 10-11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.(10-11) Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have eyewitness testimony of our Savior. Keep your eyes on Him! Praying!
    1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)