May 5, 2015

Cinco de Mayo has become more an a holiday in the U.S. than it is in Mexico, and that is something that has always kind of intrigued me. Our culture always seems to want to celebrate something, and early May seems like it needs something more than just the first day in May.

We had a very good day and other than get a good bike ride in, and a visit by Brian McMillan, the VA caregiver coordinator, it has been a rather ordinary day - and I like it that way. Oh, it was still Taco Tuesday and we all had fun at dinner, but not much else happened.  There was the Giants game, against the Padres, and that turned out pretty good, but not much else.

Okay, maybe something did happen - Kojak is back home with us. Jason and I went to the doctor's office and picked him up today, and Jason and Kojak were both very happy for that to happen. It is good to see Kojak acting more like what one would expect a puppy to act like. Prior to the hospital stay he was lethargic and very subdued. My guess is that over the next few days he will get used to his new home and the people who live here, and he will be a happy puppy.

Tomorrow we will be heading out to the paint dealer, to select paints for Jason's new home, and it should be kind of a fun activity. My guess is that it won't take more than an hour, but then, I could be totally wrong. Jason also has expressed an desire to get out and see the new Avenger movie, so we might get that in tomorrow as well. Otherwise, not much planned, and I hope that we can have a nice relaxed day. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Glad Kojak's back home!
    Praying!
    Psalms 40:5, 11, 13 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. (11) Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. (13) Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to write to thank you for this blog. It has given me the opportunity to know your family, Jason. My name is Barbara and I am the Vice President of Sheoga Hardwood Flooring. I was given the honor of introducing Gary Sinise on April 28th, 2015 in St. Louis to the members of the National Wood Flooring Association. (3,000+) This honor was bestowed upon me as I was the catalyst to bring Gary's Foundation and the manufacturers/distributors/contractors of our association into an alliance. The results are that we have 6 manufacturers committed to providing all the flooring for all the smart homes scheduled in 2015/2016. Two additional manufacturers are providing paint, roofing materials, grouting and tile/flooring adhesive as well. I am so humbled by the outpouring of their patriotism and their compassion for you, our warriors.

    Great things can happen: Sheoga will be providing the flooring for your new home in Fallbrook to launch this initiative. We are blessed to do so. We have seen firsthand what a difference this independence can make in a wounded soldier's life...we provided flooring for Kyle Hockenberry's home in Marietta Ohio, which help bring this idea to my mind. One year later, he and his wife are comfortable in their home, awaiting the birth of their first child. A triumph to be sure!!

    I look forward to talking with you personally in the future and trust our production team is working to ensure your flooring is beautiful and will last for many years to come.

    Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns.

    Know you are in our prayers daily for strength, renewed health and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)