May 22, 2015

Coming into Memorial Day weekend our attention turns to the Military and all those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. We are a nation of people who have shown a tremendous ability to fight with ourselves over some very petty issues; as well as some very tough issues. There are those among us who feel they have all the right ideas and that anyone who thinks differently should be taken away and given a mental reworking to get their thinking straight. We have some very patriotic people and we have some who really don't like our government, yet don't know how to cast a vote at election time. Our country is made up of a vast mix of different types and attitudes and we still manage to keep our country and this great experiment going. Most of it because of the ability of this great nation to create men and women who will defend the Constitution.

Yesterday we went up to Fallbrook and got a chance to see the house and all the progress that has continued on it. We now have a full roof, and it really looks good. It has been raining quite a bit lately, so I'm glad to see it there. There is also a great deal of progress with some of the interior work that has to be done before the "finishing" work can get started. Linda took some pictures (I am so glad that she remembers to take pictures - I would tend to just walk around with the camera and never use it). The ground was trenched because of the utility work that is going on, so we went up and brought the paramobile with us. Jason's wheelchair would not have been able to make it around. The main topic of discussion for this visit was landscaping and what we should expect, as well as some of the thoughts as to what we wanted. Personally, I think it was a good meeting up there, and more will be seen, as it progresses.

It was a busy day with the girls yesterday and by the end of the day I was just a little tired out, so I didn't post anything. One of the things we did last night was to have a family movie night and we let the girls stay up until almost 20:45 (8:45pm) to watch The Velveteen Rabbit (there was no school the next day).  They had not seen it and it is a great story, especially just before going to bed. I made a bunch of popcorn (and a mess in the kitchen) and everybody had a great time. After getting them to bed I worked on the kitchen and Linda worked on some laundry. As it was, we still didn't get to bed until almost 23:00 (11pm), and we were happy though tired.

Today, we got to deal with more rain, though, like yesterday, it wasn't much, just enough to be a bother. Towards the later parts of the day it started to clear up and was better, so we still had a good time. I took the girls to the park, a new destination for us. There really wasn't much there, and in fact, less than what we have seen at other parks. The girls, however, felt that it was a  "new" park and had a great time running around and playing on the play structures. We stayed there for about 90 minutes and then we needed to get back home, as I needed to make a trip to Costco.

Linda and I went to Costco, while the girls napped. Joselyn and Jason were at the house, so we knew they would be okay, if they should wake up (they didn't) while we were gone. Linda is becoming a champ at finding very cool stuff, as she found a copy of Sound of Music, while at Costco, so we had to purchase it. Our old VHS copy just doesn't cut it, nor do we have a player to play it.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed, then Jason received a phone call. Jason had been selected to receive tickets to go see the Rolling Stones concert, on this coming Sunday. Actually, there were three guys to get two tickets each,  and when they were attempting to distribute the tickets only two of the guys took advantage of the tickets. I felt sorry for the one guy who lost out on his tickets, but on the other hand it made it possible for all three of us to go now. What they did was to take those two last ticket and gave one to Jason and one to the other guy, so that they now had three each. Prior to that third ticket Linda had already said Jason and I should go, so we were so very happy when we found out that she could come with us.

The end of the day was nice and everyone got to bed at a reasonable hour - sort of. I tend to stay up a little later because of the blog and Linda stays up to help edit. Tomorrow I am hoping to get a chance to get a short ride in, but that remains to be seen. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Know that I'm always praying!
    Psalms 143:9-10 Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me. Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying to our Rock and Fortress!
    Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in the Lord's Hands! Always here praying!
    Psalms 31:5, 7-8 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth (7-8) I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities; And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)