May 26, 2015

A very nice day for us today, though very full. It began with the girls getting up and getting ready for school, and with that Grandma (Linda) and Grandpa (me) were busy getting them up and dressed, while also getting their breakfast and lunches ready. We've actually gotten it down to a pretty good routine, and it runs pretty smooth - which is good since the school year is ending (that's sarcasm, for those that couldn't tell). Once the new year gets started it will be starting all over again, and you know what... we wouldn't change it for the world.

Once the girls were at school, Jason and Linda had some running around to take care of, and that lasted for a little over an hour. This gave me a chance to take care of a couple tasks at the house, and to do some catch up on some of my emails and FB posts. Well, we also had a chance to get some exercising in, though not what we normally do. I look forward to getting back into a more regular routine of riding my bike, and right now it just doesn't seem to work. While Jason and Linda were at Balboa Hospital they picked up Tae Harris, Wounded Warrior Recovery Coordinator and brought her back to the house. After a short visit, Linda, Tae and I went to lunch. For the past couple of months we have been wanting to go to lunch with Tae, and each time something comes up. Unfortunately she is moving to Texas, to be closer to family, and she is going to be missed, though she has promised to come back for visits.

The lunch with Tae was great, and right after that we took off to go up to Fallbrook, to see Linda's parents. Linda's parents were traveling back from Arizona and wanted to get a chance to see Jason's house. They were already on their way, yet we managed to get to the property only a short time after they did - and no, I didn't drive excessively fast, we just had a great tail wind.

We toured the house and we were very pleased at all the progress: the tile work and granite counters are really looking great. About the only down aspect for today is that we found out that our son David, apparently had to have a surgery today. Fortunately is wasn't a major operation, but I still don't like to hear that any of our sons has to go through these kinds of things. David is doing fine and is expected to be back up and moving around in a matter of a short period of time.

We got back home and Joselyn had already gotten our Taco Tuesday meal going, and actually just about finished - our timing was really good. The girls were happy to see us, and it was nice to get a chance to sit back down and relax for a little bit. Tomorrow isn't going to be as busy, and who knows, I might even get a bike ride in. Thanks, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Only true hope comes from the Lord! Praying!
    Psalms 31:14-16, 24 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake. (24) Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what you have to face, even the hardest trials, the Lord is your strength! Praying!
    Habakkuk 3:17-19 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)