May 28, 2015

Today was a day to get things done, and we did ...

I did get up for a short and fast 10 miles on the bike - I say "fast" as a reflection on my speed, as it was a little faster than I usually go. At one point, while circling Fiesta Island (which isn't really an island), I was at the last part of the four mile loop. I was feeling pretty good and had a good pace of about 17.5 mph going. Then I looked to my left and here came this lady (at least I think it was a lady) and she blew my doors off. I didn't let it get me down though, and just kept on going. The head wind was minimal and there were things to do, so I simply headed back home and kept the ride down to the 10 miles I had planned.

Jason had an appointment today, and also stopped in to see a couple of folks we know. It was a very nice visit for him, for a couple of reasons, and mostly because he simply went on his own. He didn't even take Gracie with him. This tells me that his confidence level is getting very strong and he doesn't mind getting out by himself. Linda and I stayed at home with the dogs, and did some planning and strategic work. We need to get some mirrors for the house, and Linda has requested that she be given the control of what actually goes into the bathrooms. The contractors were more than happy to allow her to do this, as were Jason and I, and I think it made her feel more useful with the overall project. Anyway, she has found some and already purchased some and now all we need to do is get them to the house when they're ready to be installed.

The other big thing that went on today was that Anthony and Angelica are moving out of their rented house and moving into their own house. This is great, except that Linda and I have (had?) some items stored at their place, in their garage. The house is just about ready to be handed over, so we need to get all our things out, so we went up there today, after stopping off at Jason's place in Fallbrook. We went up to Fallbrook to check on some of the mirrors I was talking about earlier. We got up to the house, in Fallbrook and the tile work is probably 85% completed and it really looks good. I think Jason is going to love the way his bath and shower turned out, as he wanted it to look sort of cave-ish, and they did a great job of getting it there.

From the Fallbrook house we went over to Anthony's and picked up a bunch of our stuff, though not all of it. We have a storage unit, so we can move it there until we need to get it to the new house. The moving of the boxes and things went smoothly enough, though I have to admit, my back was getting a little tired by the end of the day. I don't twist and turn as easily as I used too, I guess. Besides moving our things, I was also assisting Anthony with moving some of his things, and it is all good now.

We finally went to our storage unit and pulled everything out of the van and put it in to the storage unit. That really didn't take too long, and I was glad, since I was running out of steam, and I felt pretty much like we had been moving pretty hard all day. Linda was moving almost as many of the boxes as I was, so I know she was getting a bit worn down too. I think we'll both sleep soundly tonight. Thank you, for the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. What comfort these verses give! Praying right now!
    Psalms 46:1-5 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)