May 17, 2015

Not sure what it is, but time is just flying by, and we're going to be at the half way point in this year in just a matter of a few more weeks - okay about six weeks. Days just seem to fold into each other and we wonder where all the time went. The good news is that we're all doing well and watching the girls and watching our grandsons grow is so very rewarding. Just taking the time to think about what we've been through these past few years makes this all so much more rewarding.

Today I got up and out on the bike before 07:30. I think it would have been nice to have gotten out even earlier, but sometimes it takes me a bit to get going, and I generally need something in my tummy before I get out (I ate an orange). I had thought I was going to get out before the girls got up, but Jackie made sure she saw me, and that was also another reason I was delayed a bit. Linda was still in bed and I took the time to help her with some things she needed. She then went in to see Jason and they got to watch cartoons together. My ride was rather nice, and it was just a little over 12.5 miles, and I managed to get it all in, in under an hour.

When I got back home, Linda was not only up, she was just about done fixing breakfast, so my timing was really good. We had pancakes and eggs and it was delicious. We had plenty of time, since church wasn't until after 10:00, and all of us were going today. Jason and I needed to meet with the Senior Paster, Dr. John Powell, and discuss with him next Sundays services. Jason and I will be very much involved with the sermon and we needed to be sure we had all our thoughts coordinated. It is a special Memorial Day Service, and John asked us to be a part of it. Linda will be up with us as well, and if the opportunity happens she'll get to speak also. I'm looking forward to it, and I think it is going to be kind of fun.

The rest of the day, after church was pretty laid back. We had a visit from Serving Spoons, as they brought us dinner today, and Stacy had a birthday party to go to. Otherwise we simply enjoyed each other's company and relaxed, for the most part. Linda did work with Jackie, on a school project, that is focused on Jackie. Through the year, each of the students gets to put together a poster, "All About Me" and it was Jackie's turn to do so. This isn't the first one Linda has done, as she also did Stacy's poster, back a couple years ago. The girls are going to be with us for this next week, so we are looking for a fun week to keep us busy. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Know that I'm always here praying!
    Psalms 86:1-4 Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray so very hard!
    Psalms 86:5-7 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)