May 8, 2015

Full day at David and Miriam's place, and had a very enjoyable time, being able to get up and do all the different things we did. The morning began with me getting up at 05:30 and going for a run with David. It was a relatively short run, of just a couple of miles, and we were walking back in to the house in about 1/2 an hour. It was the first real run I've been on in quite a long time, and it felt pretty good. I did have to walk a portion of it, though still did better than I expected.

The next thing was to get ready to go to Dylan's school with him, as today is Grandparents Day, for the school. David drove us over and a comment he made was that there was a lot less traffic than he would normally have expected. As a result, we were able to arrive a little earlier than first planned. David and Dylan walked us over to Dylan's class/preschool and we met his teachers. This took all of about 5 minutes, then we were directed to the breakfast and reception; we would be coming back to the room afterward. The breakfast was quite good, and on top of that Miriam was involved with a big portion of the preparation.

We were entertained at the breakfast, by the older kids of the school and had a key note presenter, who spoke on the value and importance of a good foundation for education. This took well over an hour, though it only seemed like it was about 30 minutes, and then we were directed to go to the class rooms. Once there Dylan showed us around his school and we went to their play structures and had a bunch of fun for several minutes, and then we were able to sign him out, at which point he was able to escort us around the school. We saw all they had to offer and some of the activities they were all involved with, such as art and some science aspects of their education.

By noon we were finished with the visit and Miriam came and picked us up, to take us to lunch. It was particularly fun to get to meet several of the other grand parents. Miriam took us to lunch, and apparently just about everyone else in the close vicinity also wanted to go to this restaurant. Now, it also has to be understood that it has been raining off and on since last night, and it was raining now. this restaurant specializes in noodle soups, so that could explain some of the popularity. After lunch we headed back to the house and simply relaxed for a while.

The boys had a party to go to, so later in the afternoon, after their naps, Miriam took them to their party, and Linda and I found ourselves just quietly relaxing in the house... we both took a nap. Tonight, after they came back from the party, Linda and I played with the boys for a short while, and had the honor of getting them to bed. David and Miriam were out (one of the benefits of having us there). It was a nice change for us, instead of having two girls we had two boys, to get to bed. I told them a couple of stories and Linda sang them one of their favorite songs, and then they went to sleep, pretty quickly actually.

As far as Jason, and how he was doing, we heard from him, that he was doing well, and that even Kojak was doing a little better. We will be heading back down tomorrow, and we are both glad to hear that he did okay without us being there. Of course we had Joselyn coming in to check on him, and that made this weekend possible. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014