Sunday - A day of rest - April 3, 2011

First - Please accept my apology for not checking the settings on the setting up the blog in the first place. The blog is now set up so that anyone can leave a comment, and not have to have a special account or anything else. - Joyce, thank you, for getting me to take a look at the settings... Now on to the posting.

To was a good day for Jason, and as a result, a very good day for the family. He had no surgery today, so he didn't have to go through that period of time after surgery, where he is feeling groggy and feeling like his brain is full of cobwebs. I couldn't sleep, after waking up at 5:15am, so I just laid there for a short while; watched the Weather Channel to see what to expect for the day; and, finally got out of bed at about 7:00am. I showered and got dressed and was over to see Jason at about 7:30am, and he was still asleep. I could tell he was dreaming, so I didn't make any noise and let him sleep. I guess the beeping equipment startled him a bit, as he made a little jump and woke up - with the first thing for him to see was me, smiling at him. He asked me how long I had been standing there and I told him only a few minutes, and I asked him how he was.

He was feeling much better, as they began allowing him clear liquids last night, and one of the nurses even fixed him a "cocktail" drink. It was water, apple juice and ginger ale. I was a little surprised at the carbonation part, but Jason really enjoyed it, and he didn't complain, so as far as I am concerned it was good. Jason then asked me to call Bridgette and asked her to bring the girls over, he was ready for a visit, and wanted to see HIS family. We talked for a short while when he asked the nurse about chap stick or lip balm. She said they didn't have any and offered Vaseline to rub on his lips. Jason didn't want this. I offered to go get some, and Jason said that would be good. So I took off, in search for lip balm - I brought some back and the nurse helped him put it on his lips, and I think it helped, as they were getting pretty cracked - his lips, not the nurses...

I asked Jason if he wanted to call his mom, and wake her up (she is now in California) and he liked that idea, so I called and held the phone for him. He talked with her for a little bit and I think both of them had a good time, since Jason was smiling and I know Linda was happy. Actually, I spoke with Linda a little while later and found out she was already up, and that's okay. Just as he finished his conversation with Linda, Bridgette came in with the girls. It was a bit of a challenge to get them into the protective gowns all visitors are required to wear (they're not designed for small people)and it only took a few minutes and a pair of scissors. Jackie is young enough that it didn't bother her to see the tubes around Daddy, and Jason was able to give her a little kiss. Stacy, was a little concerned about all those tubes and stuff and gave Daddy a kiss with a little trepidation, and help from Mommy (Bridgette). All-in-all it was a good visit for everyone.

We stayed for a short while and then Jason started to get tired, so we wanted to let him rest. Actually, I was getting tired too, and by the time we left the girls were starting to get hungry so Bridgette wanted to feed them. I came back a few hours later, because Lisa Henderson, the former youth pastor from our church, back in Livermore came by, with her husband and two boys. It was good to see her and her family. Jason was still a bit tired so the visit was short, and we left him alone. I visited with Lisa and Craig (her husband) for awhile longer and then came back to the Lodge, where I sleep.

Jason has another surgery tomorrow, and this is a very important surgery, as it is the first since he was found to be free of infection. Thank you, all for your prayers, and please continue to ask for strength and stamina for Jason, and wisdom for the doctors working on him.

Comments

  1. George, Thank you for opening up the comments without having to be logged in to an account. I've been thinking of Jason all the time and sending good thoughts his way daily. I'm glad he got to see his daughters today. Terry A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read about Jason and the girls. If anyone can help daddy get better it is the love of his little girls. Thank you George for your daily updates. They kind of make me feel just a little bit closer to MD. Have a wonderful Monday. Prayers and love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think about Jason and your family often during the day. If thoughts are prayers, then you have many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear he got a day of rest. I bet that felt good. I will pray for strength and stamina for Jason tomorrow, and for Bridgette and the girls too, as all of these days are big days for them as well. What a strong Mommy. Hugs to you all.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you all- I know it is a long road, but you are all doing the things that matter- and Jason is and always has been a classy, honorable man. We send our love.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nino and Nina continue to pray for strength, wisdom and healing. I'm glad you all had a good day. Hugs to all. Jason will be in my thoughts and prayer today as he goes through surgery.

    Love, Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful to see Jason's progress. I'm glad you are blogging. Jason and all of your family are in my thoughs and payers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, that last comment was from Roseanne (Blue Star Mom, Danville, CA)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our thoughts and prayers for all of you.Thanks for keeping us updated,George. Glad Jason had a day of rest and got to see his girls. Much love and prayers sent your way.

    Sherri Moore

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m glad to hear Jason got a day off of surgery. I can’t imagine how tiring all of this is for him. Thanks for keeping us updated. I check this blog a couple times a day just checking to see if there is anything new. I hope he gets back to his lemonade soon.

    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)