April 29, 2011 - Another good day in the O.R.

Jason had a quick visit to the O.R. this morning. I guess I had gotten used to the pattern from when he was on the 3rd (and 4th) floor, surgery days; when I could just go to his room and be with him until he was taken to the O.R. Now that he is on the 5th floor there are some changes I need to get used too, with the biggest being that they take the patient down much earlier. In the past I would go to his room at about 6:30am, and have about an hour with him before they took him. Today I got to his room at about 6:30am and he was already gone. I asked about the time he was taken and was told they took him down to the pre-op area at 5:30am, and that after the surgery he would be going to the PACU for recovery and that we shouldn't expect to see him until sometime after 11:30am, at the soonest. I thought, "Wow! That's a change."

His surgery went well, and because his wounds aren't completely ready yet, they didn't want to put on the Integra, which is a bio-synthetic material used to aid in the healing of large wounds. There was an area that is about 3 centimeters across and about 2 centimeters deep, and they expect it will be closed on their next visit on Tuesday, and then the Integra goes on. There is also a little concern about an infection that they are trying to get a handle on, as it is resistant to the anti-biotic medicines they have been using, and there really isn't a great deal known about this particular "bug." As I learn more I will do my best to provide more information, but on the bright side, it isn't a show stopper right now. His treatment regimen will continue as it is. People have commented about how strong I am and how positive I come across in this blog, but to be fully honest with you, there are times when I am anxious, nervous and scarred about some of the things we get told. So please don't get the wrong idea about me, I get just as worried as Bridgette and Linda.

Having said that, I am asking that you all continue to support Jason in his efforts to get better by sending your prayers and asking for strength and wisdom for the doctors and strength and endurance for Jason. I know I continue to ask for prayers each day, and please understand it is only because I want Jason to get better.

Comments

  1. Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. George I have seen you with Jason and you are just being Dad. And Dad's worry and want their child, no matter how old or young they are, to feel good and not hurt. As parents if we could take their pain we would. You and Linda have been given a task that not all parents could do and you are both doing an outstand job of taking care and being positive for your son. I pray that God continue holding all three of you up. You, Linda and Bridgette. I know that God has giving the Doctors and Nurses knowledge and skills to make the right decisions for Jason.

    Your are all in my continued prayers. Take care of yourself and get rest. You need to keep up your strength too.

    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)