Best Day in the O.R. - April 6, 2011

Today was a good day for Jason in the O.R., as two of the doctors on his team came to tell me that it was the best they had seen Jason's wounds yet. When they came out of surgery today Jason was in pain for about an hour, before they were able to get it under control, and it is something that we have to endure while it happens. They tell me that he won't be able to remember the pain, as some of what they are using will allow him to forget. I hope he doesn't forget everything, though.

I am forever impressed with Jason and his sense of humor. He is laying there, obviously in pain, and he is making jokes. The doctors and nurses alike, all comment on his ever positive attitude and strong nature. Bridgette got him a DVD player and a bunch of movies to watch, and now he won't have to deal with the TV as his only boredom relief. The good news is that there really isn't much to report on today, and that is how I am hoping it remains for the rest of the stay, though I do expect to have more extensive updates every now and again.

Comments

  1. So happy to read the good news!! Does he like music? Something soothing maybe?? I'll only get Kenny G. if Jason insists :) Thank you Lord for the good news today. Bless continue to heal Jason's body, guide his doctors, and comfort all of his family and friends. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that no news is good news! Praying for more days like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wish I could be in that room to see him receive his Purple Heart. I will be there in my thoughts all day. Such a momentous day. I look forward to the day I see Jason again to personally give him a great big hug. In the mean time... please give him one for me. I never take for granted how great I have it here in the U.S. and THAT is due to all the men who have fought for our freedom from day one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that Jason had a better day. He continues to amaze me and I am honored to have been one of his many nurses helping him recover. He is a true hero in all senses past, present and future, and I look up to him. Please pass along my 'hello' and tell him that although I am back at Walter Reed, I think of him, bridgette and the girls daily.
    CPT Kelley Watts, RN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please also bless and guide all nurses and hospital folks that have and will be helping Jason Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto.... Thank you to all who keep us safe and free and for those who take care of the ones who get hurt and of their families too. Hang in there... we're thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jason - I was able to meet your lovely caring Mom, Linda when I came up to Bethesda one recent Sunday. She told me that your Dad was doing a blog and I finally found it today! I am so happy to read that you are making progress. Your Mom is right there is a lot of caring people that are praying and wishing you well. I am just one of many! Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearly Jason gets his strength and irrepressible sense of humor from his Dad. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Sustaining qualities. Hugs to you and gratitude to you and everyone keeping vigil.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)