Jason didn't have much in the way of appointments today, just his regular mental health visit. He enjoys going as it gives him another source to vent to. Afterword we took care of some personal stuff, including going to the post office and getting a hair cut. That took about another hour and then we came back to the apartment. The day, being Valentines Day, had decorations and hearts everywhere, including building 62. There were some tables set up at the front so we went over to check them out. I was all for it, since it was the first time I have seen Jason wanting to do something like that. He did pick up a couple of things, and then we headed back to the room, where I called Linda. It was getting late and I wanted to be sure to speak with her before she flew out to come here.

  Not sure what happened today, but I was supposed to have been provided a follow up on what was going to be happening, considering Linda is coming in tonight - actually she should be here in about an hour. The way the rooms are set up, there is a single large bed - the one set up for Jason, and there is a smaller bed in the other room - the one I use. I asked. last week, if we could get another bed in the room, so that Linda and I could actually sleep together, since we don't get many chances of doing that lately. I reminded them a couple of times, and they said they would be getting back to me - it didn't happen. I can throw together some of the cushions from the couch, and then place the smaller mattress with it, and that will work tonight, but I hope it isn't what we end up with for the duration of her stay. Stay tuned for the fun adventures of Linda and George, while they try to get some sleep.

Jason finally did get his chance to cook dinner. He made one of his famous soups, and it was good, very good. He used carrots, celery, potatoes, and bratwurst. I don't believe he measured anything, he just grabbed the large pan (I think it is an 8 quart pan), put some water in it and then all the vegetables. He added some cilantro, chives and several other spices and brought it to a boil. The brats were cut up and (I think there were 8 of them) put into the pan. Everything cooked for another 10 - 12 minutes, and then we ate. I think I would have liked to have had a little more spiciness to it, but it wasn't too bad. We now have some for lunch tomorrow.

Now we're just waiting for Linda to get here, and then we can all get to sleep. Actually, Jason is already asleep, so after she gets here we'll just go to sleep and start a new day tomorrow. Thank you, for all your continued prayers and support.


  1. FWIW they make great airbeds now that can be pumped up in no time and are actually really comfortable. I used one at Shauna's several times. Hugs to you all and glad you are together.

  2. Can't believe they couldn't even get you an extra bed!
    Christ went through all this for us, that we might have hope! Praying!
    Isaiah 53:7-10: He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014