Today was a very good day for Jason, as he went to his OT and PT appointments and showed that he was indeed improving in many ways. The only down part of it was that I didn't grab the camera before we left the apartment  (I've decided to start calling it an apartment, because basically, that's what it is.). The OT went pretty normal, with him getting the electrical stimulation in his right hand and arm, and he engaged in some very good conversation with a few other folks while we were there. I figured that with the way he was going today, it had to be a good day. I had no idea it was going to get even better.

When he went over to the PT area, I helped him get set up on the workout table/platform (its an adjustable 8ft X 8ft padded platform that can go up to about 3 1/2 feet in elevation or down to about 18 inches). Mike, Jason's main PT therapist came over and started him working out with a number of exercises. I went and picked up the 20lb medicine ball and did some catching/throwing exercises with Jason and then he worked with dumbbells. When everything was done, that Jason would normally do with his exercises he simply got on to his belly and then lifted himself up, balancing on his hands. We had seen him do this before, but this time he was much more steady, and then he started doing push-ups. Mike's jaw dropped a little, as he had not seen Jason do this and to tell the truth, it made me feel pretty good too. Jason's moves were very smooth and it showed just how much strength he was building back in his arms, and more importantly, his wrists. He only did a couple of them  and then told Mike that he felt a little discomfort in his right hand, and Mike said that was to be expected, considering that it had been broken so badly, from the original injury. This would have made a great video, so I now know to keep the camera with me.

Tonight we had pork chops and baked potatoes with mixed vegetables. Afterward I made a couple of root beer floats, and I'm still feeling pretty full. Tomorrow Jason is fixing dinner, so I'm pretty anxious to see how well his cooking skills are still working. The appointments are pretty low tomorrow, as he has two, so we will have plenty of time to get things done. Thank you, all for all the prayers and continued support - Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. This post made my cry. I am so inspired, so humbled, so grateful, so honored to know you, SSgt. Jason Ross. Thank you.

    I salute you, my friend.

    Always,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018