Well, we're a day closer to getting back to San Diego, though we still don't know when that is going to be. I am hoping that we find out a little more definitive information by Tuesday next week, or perhaps even sooner. I need to get the lease updated on the vehicle we have, on Tuesday, so it is pretty basic that we need to know.

Today was a relaxed day for Jason, as he had just the one appointment, and then we needed to get to the grocery store. We managed to do some control shopping, in that we didn't want to have too much more food, than what we would need for the remainder of our stay here. We bought enough to get us through another week, and then we'll need t get over to the store again. We might have to buy more milk, but right now I think that will be all. Before going to the store we actually had a special guest come by for a short visit with Jason.

I was up on the 2nd deck (that's what they call the floors - "deck"), and I happened to see a familiar face and he recognized me. We stopped and spoke for a few moments and then I asked if he would like to come to see Jason. He said he would, so we headed over to the room. I opened the door and called out to Jason that we had a guest, and that he wanted to visit with Jason. I brought him to Jason's room and Jason was a bit surprised to see Mike Wall, dressed in a suit, come into his room. Mike has been mentioned in previous posts, only in the past (over a year ago) he was Lt. Col. Mike Wall. He was the C.O. of the Wounded Warrior Battalion when Jason and I were here last. Since then he has retired and is now working for one of the contractors, and it was really good to visit with him. He stayed for about 15 minutes or so and then had to get going, and said he might be able to come back again. It was actually kind of funny, in that Jason still referred to him as "sir", and Mike kept saying, "Call me Mike, I'm a civilian now."

I fixed stroganoff over noodles this time, and again I used turkey instead of beef. It came out great and Jason and I had two servings each. We both ate too much, but it tastes so good. Anyway, the day is coming to an end and Jason is just relaxing, watching TV.  Thank you, for all the continued prayers and all the support.

Comments

  1. Good day for you folks! Keep up the healing, I'm praying for you.

    All my best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 31:14-16, 24 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake. (24) Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)