Today was a smooth and nice day for Jason and me. We got up early and I fixed some oatmeal for breakfast. I had blueberries with mine, but Jason won't touch anything that has "erry" on the end of its name. I think it has to do with the fact that Linda (Mom) ate strawberries just about everyday while carrying Jason, but that is another story. We headed over to the MATC where Jason got his OT work in. They are still working on his right hand and arm, getting the flexibility and ulnar nerve working like it is supposed to. There is some progress, and still more to accomplish.

Next we went over to PT, where he basically did a number of exercises. I'm anxious for him to continue working with the weights and building up. My guess is that he will be able to work well with up to 25lb. dumbbells before we head back to San Diego. Jason worked up a good sweat and then when he was finished we headed over to Wound Care. This is where he gets his wounds checked out and new bandages placed on them. Wound Care happens 3 days a week, and those are the three days I don't have to change the bandages... usually.

When we were all done with that, we headed over to the post office and then he wanted to check out Red Box and found that they were low on their selections. That's okay, as he has several DVDs back at the room and we can come check again later this week. Lunch followed this activity and we found a table at the Warrior Cafe', with several EOD guys and their families, and Sherry Beck. Just about every Wednesday she comes over to the Cafe' and has lunch with the guys. As it turned out, Adam, one of her co-workers, was there and he had some very interesting information for Jason, with regard to his home. It is quite lengthy, so all I'll say is that it will help Jason to get rid of his home in North Carolina.

The rest of the day was spent back in the room, except for when I had to take off to Target. Well, I didn't "have to" go, I just felt it was an opportunity to get over there and pick up a couple of things for the kitchen, that I really wanted to get. I was gone for about an hour and then Jason and I spent the rest of the day just relaxing and fixing dinner. That was pretty much it for today... Now yesterday was another story. We got the chance to meet a couple of Generals, and had a great time talking with them. The day was close to a photo copy of today, but I just simply forgot to post the blog - I guess I was tired or something. I spoke with Linda last night and then went to bed, which I'll probably do again today, only this time I have the blog post written and ready...only I'm going to post now! ;-)

Thank you, for all the continued prayers for Jason and the family, and thank you for all the support being sent our way. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Quick note to say hey and let you know I'm praying for these wounds to heal up once and for all. Hope you got your boots George. Sounds like lots of business being taken care of you and you are really busy!

    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

  2. Always here praying!
    Psalms 121:5-8 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014