Jason is making good progress and about the biggest challenge we have right now, besides finding out when we're leaving, is getting some specialized supplies that he needs. I spent a few hours today, walking from one end of the hospital to another, going up and down in the elevators, and finally getting all the information needed to acquire this supply. That is, all the information except who actually produces the product. They are a specialized knit short that we have learned to use, to hold on his dressings, which allow us to not have to use any bandages or tape. The hospital doesn't actually carry this item, and it is currently only brought in via special order. With the national budget challenges going on, it is harder to obtain specialized items at a military hospital. Having said that, the folks at Wounded Warrior Project has offered to go out and purchase some, as long as I can get all the aforementioned information to them. Tomorrow, I believe I will be done.

As for when are we leaving - I'm hoping that it is known within a few days. I let them know that I need to be back in California, for my own appointment, in a matter of a couple of weeks, so that possibly was that little bit of extra pressure to finally get things to happen. We'll know more tomorrow.

Otherwise, the day has been a good day for Jason, we had lunch with Wounded EOD Warriors, and it was nice sitting down with the group and just visiting. Actually, I was a bit surprised at how many people with in the Cafe' today. I didn't see anything special, or out of the ordinary, going on yet there were probably 20% more folks there than I've seen on other lunch periods. It made maneuvering a bit of a challenge, but we still were able to get in okay.

I'll be getting up early tomorrow to get over to the gym, and then we can do whatever we want to do, since there is only the one late appointment. Thank you, for all the support and continued prayers.

Comments

  1. The Wounded Warriors rock don't they?? Thank God for them. Keep us posted on your journey back to California. I hope Jason is feeling better today. I also pray these wounds are healing up really well. Sure would be nice if Jason could start working with a dog when he gets back to California. Take care you guys!

    All my best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying hard!
    Psalms 59:16-17 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018