Sorry for getting to this so late in the day, but I had to take care of something for Linda and it took much longer than I originally planned. I had to save off all the photos we've taken, over the past couple of years, and put them on to a USB memory stick. I purchased one with 32Gb and found that it was adequate, since the photos only took up just over 29Gb. I brought the device to the computer and plugged it in (good so far) and the computer recognized the device (step two is good) Then I attempted to create a separate folder, called photos, so that it would be easy to figure out where the pictures were. This is when it got very strange. I've never previously had a USB device not work, and it looked like this one was, only at the time of creating the folder it suddenly got stupid.

I tried doing this a couple of times, with the same results so I figured I needed to take it back down to Best Buy, where I made the original purchase and took it over to their service geeks. The guy took it and I asked him to try it out on one of their systems. He came back and said, "Hey, I tried it and it worked fine, but you can still replace it if you want." I asked him, did you try to copy anything to the device, or create a folder. He said he hadn't and walked back to his computer. This time (it took just a little longer) when he came back he said he didn't understand, and that the USB device must have gotten its formatting messed up. It wasn't working for him. I said I'd just get another and try to do my file work on the new one. Well I got back to the apartment and it took 2 1/2 hours to copy all the pictures across. Now I just have to mail it to Linda and hope that it isn't damaged along the way.

Jason wasn't feeling right this afternoon, so he mostly stayed in bed, but that's what he does anyway. He slept for a number of hours and when I fixed him dinner (just a bowl of soup) he was feeling a little better. Not sure what was going on, but I hope it isn't the flu or anything like that. The fact that he wanted ice cream before the evening was over made me feel a little better, though I am still going to  have him take it a little easier tomorrow.

Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support -


  1. Jason, I hope you are feeling well. Take good care of you! Praying for continued healing for you my friend.

    All my best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

  2. Surprised it didn't take longer than that! That's a LOT of photos!
    Still praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 116:1-5 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
    My email address

  3. We hope you're feeling better, Jason. We check in every day even if we don't comment and we say a prayer for you all as well.

    "Make each day one of preparation for better things to come".


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014