Iwo Gima

Iwo Gima
Marine Corps Marathon

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 1, 2014

Today was a nice easy day for Jason, and the rest of us. Not too much going on, and honestly, about the biggest thing that happened was that I took the SemperFi Rollx van in to get washed. It looks pretty good now, and I think the folks at the car wash did a good job of getting all of Gracie's hair of the interior area. The only other thing that happened was that I went for a nice bike ride (just over 12 miles) out to the Cabrillo National Monument, and worked the old legs pretty good. Some of those hills are on the steep side and I did feel it. Where I felt it the most was when there were a bunch of other riders out there passing me up, when going up the hill. Now I could pull the "age" card, but the truth be known is that I just haven't gotten into the right workout pattern, and I am still out of shape.

Linda and Stacy had a great time, going and doing some shopping, and library time. Stacy loves the library and even came home and wanted to pretend the house was a library. I hope the positive focus on books and reading continues, it can only be good for her. Thanks, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day!
    Praying!
    Psalms 69:1-3, 13 Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me. I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God...But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pour out your heart to the Lord! He hears! Praying right now!!!!!!!!
    Psalms 42:1-5 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

    ReplyDelete