July 10, 2014

Today was a mixed day - it started out well enough, as I got to go out for a bike ride, and put in 16 miles. After that I came home and made breakfast. I had promised to fix breakfast today, a few days ago, so I needed to fulfill my commitment. It was a simply chorizo with eggs and potato combination, and of course tortillas. Jason's friend Rebekha had never had them, so it was a first for her, and she seemed to enjoy them. I then did some work with Stand Up And Play, and a bit later we, Linda and I, took the Fusion down to get it washed - it was looking pretty bad.

That is pretty much how the day went. Nothing outstanding going on, and nothing happening that caused us any hardship. Well, there was one phone call that Jason received from the VA. Apparently there has been some sort of a goof up where he has to go out and test again with the driving, otherwise there isn't going to be much progress with the truck. As you might guess, this kind of irritated Jason, but he soon regained his composure and said he would be moving forward with this in the morning. We also need to get over to the hospital tomorrow for some other things, so we might just stop by and talk with the VA rep. who is there, most of the time.

We will be picking up the girls from their swim lessons tomorrow morning, and the lessons are over at the pool by the hospital, so that will be an easy stop. They will be staying with us for the next five days, so we may end up doing all kinds of stuff with them - we just need to figure out what it is we would like to do. The only other thing we did was to take Rebekha to the airport, so she could catch her flight back home. It has been a good visit, and Jason enjoyed having someone else around, besides Mom and Dad all the time. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Breakfast sounds really good! Have never had it before, either!
    Praying as always!
    Psalms 63:5-8 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)