July 2, 2014

A bit of a busy morning for us, as both Jason and I had appointments, and to make it a bit of a push, we also had to get Jackie to her pre-school, and pick up a friend of Jason's at the airport. My appointment was with the VA, Dermatology wanted to take some pictures of a couple of spots on my back and shoulder, and one behind my left ear. There wasn't too much concern about them, just that because I am so fair skinned that they want to keep an eye on it. That means Linda and Jason have to "monitor" any changes, since I can't see behind my ear, or on my back (funny how that works). After that appointment we took Jackie to her school and then we ran to pick up Rebecca, at the airport.

I found out that the USO will validate a parking ticket stub, if you take it to them - and you also have to be military or retired military, so Jason qualifies on two fronts. What this did for us was to allow us to park for free, while we waited. Rebecca is a friend of Jason, and they have known each other for several years. She is out here to visit with family/friends; visit with Jason; and, to just see the San Diego Area - be a tourist. She came with us, back over to the hospital, to finish up with Jason's appointments, and those went until almost 14:00 (2pm). I really felt kind of sorry for Rebecca, because she had been up since 03:00 this morning, or more like midnight, California time, and traveling is tiring anyway.

When we finally did get back to the house she finally got to get a little relaxation, and kind of went to sleep on the couch (we let her sleep). She woke a little later this evening, but that was after Linda and I had taken off to go see a movie (Begin Again - we liked it, and recommend it). When we came back she was talking with Jason, in his room, so we popped in and said our hello's. Tomorrow there are another couple of appointments and I want to get a bike ride in, in the morning, so we'll see how the day progresses. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Know that you're in my prayers!
    Psalms 61:1-4 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)