July 11, 2014

This morning started a little awkward with a rush to get up and over to the girls swim lesson, and then we found out that they didn't have swim lessons on Friday. Actually it worked out because Stacy and Jackie were there anyway, as their mother brought them; seems she didn't know there were no lesson on Friday either. Stacy looked a little tired, and then we found out the girls didn't go to their swim lesson on Thursday, because they had been up late the night before, with Stacy going to the Cher concert with her mother, Wednesday evening. Jason was not happy about this, but understands when the girls are with their mom she can take them anywhere she wants.

The rest of the morning was a little more organized, with Jason needing to take care of a small issue at the base, and then we went to get some breakfast. The girls remained with their mother, as Nana is in town (the other grandmother) and Linda said she understood that if she was in town and leaving, she would want to be able to spend a few more hours with the grand kids; so, she asked Jason and he said he supported that and the two stayed for the rest of the morning, and into the early afternoon. After breakfast we came back to the house, so that Jason could lay back down, and then Linda took off to go do some thrift store shopping for the girls. I stayed at the house with Jason, and took care of a couple of things for Stand Up And Play.

Just as Linda came home, Jason and I were getting up to head up to Pendleton, as the First EOD Company was having a retirement ceremony for one of their senior members. The Master Gunnery Sergeant was retiring, and Jason wanted to be there. He knows some of the guys and thought it would be a good show of support, since a bunch of them came to his retirement ceremony. The down side was the drive home, traffic is not friendly on I-5, especially on a Friday evening - because of this I decided to drive the extra distance and come back via I-15, and it was much better (I think).

When we got back to the house, Jason was tired, and immediately went to lay down. The nurse from Maxim was here, and wanted to do their regular assessment of Jason, so that's what happened. Fortunately it didn't take too long and in just a short while after she was done, Jason was asleep - sound asleep. Linda and I fixed dinner for the girls and figured we'd feed Jason after he woke up. Of course that could be tomorrow morning, and in that case we'll just fix breakfast. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014