July 29, 2014

Another day in beautiful San Diego, and now Linda is up in the San Francisco Bay Area. Heck, with her up there maybe the Giants can start winning again. I have no idea what has gotten into those guys. I really thought they were going to be doing great this year, and now they can't seem to win a game - but that's another story and I have other, more important things to cover in this blog.

Like I said Linda left this morning and flew up to San Francisco, to spend almost two weeks up there. When she arrived, only half her luggage came with her. Southwest managed to split the two pieces and the second one came up on the following flight. I have really become disappointed in airline travel, anymore. They used to show some customer service, and now you're lucky to end up in a shorter line that seems to be moving. Anyway, Linda made the trip safely and won't have to deal with them again until her next flight. Linda will be driving back down with our friend Karen Ryan, and that should be a wonderful adventure in itself.

We took the girls to the library (that's Jason and I), and Stacy turned in some of the books she had checked out earlier, then she checked out a bunch more. She and Jackie both love for us to read to them, and they have some favorite stories that cover several authors. I'll probably have to get her back over to the library, in a few more days, just to be sure none of the books are late. I don't know how Linda was able to keep track of all of them, and where there were, but I'll do my best to keep things going.

Jason took some time to rest and relax the rest of the morning and early into the afternoon, then decided to head over to the gym again. He is making some interesting discoveries about riding in a wheelchair... Like how rude some people can be, and how difficult it can be to get around. He told me that he had accidentally dropped something, and could not easily pick it back up. There were a number of folks who saw him, and simply went on past, while he struggled to pick up a towel. He said he spent probably 10 minutes working to get himself into a braced position, to be able to lean forward enough to pick it up. Because he has no legs at all, it is more difficult for him to get the right balance, and if he falls out of the chair, he won't be able to get back in (this is one of the things that makes me nervous when he goes off by himself). Anyway, he did find a way to brace himself and still able to reach down low enough to pick it back up. When he came in he was still sweating from the work out and then told me about his adventure.

Dinner tonight was pretty simple as I cooked some chicken with rice and vegetables, and the girls seemed to be very happy with my selection. I cooked drumsticks/chicken legs and Stacy ate a pretty good sized one, along with the rice and veggies. Jackie, on the other hand, had three plus the rice and veggies. That is the one thing we don't seem to have to worry about, Jackie will always eat her food. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Know that I'm here praying!
    Psalms 40:16-17 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified. But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014