July 27, 2014

A wonderful start to a good day. We took the girls to church this morning, but not until I had gone to the gym and did a couple of miles on the treadmill (I wanted to get my cardio in, since I wasn't able to go for a bike ride). They also had breakfast and a bath, and fortunate for me, Linda helped with that, so that I would get a chance to cool down a bit. We were planning on heading up to see Linda's parents, and the girls were very excited to be able to go see Nana and Tata.

Jason did not go with us, as we were also going up to see just how we could arrange for him to get into their home, as it is not ADA friendly. I brought up a ramp with me, and found that it wouldn't work on their steps, so I talked with Linda's dad, Joe, and we think we can easily build a ramp next time we're up, we just have to do it while we're there. What we figure is that there is a community club house that everyone, including Jason, can go to while the ramp is built, and then Jason will be able to get into the house. Once in the house he would be able to get out of the chair, and relax a little. The building of the ramp shouldn't take too long, so it might be the best solution for right now.

We had a great dinner while there, and Jason had time alone, to get a little more independence for himself. Before we left Linda made sure he had a meal ready to go, and prior to leaving we all had lunch. This worked good for him, and for the girls. On the way home we called and found that he was doing just fine, so we had a nice ride back down, much faster than on the way up (traffic was terrible), and the girls were singing songs and having a great time. They did get to bed kind of late, almost 20:00, but that doesn't happen very often, and they did have an earlier nap, so it should all balance.

Tomorrow is the beginning of another week here, and Jason has an appointment. Linda is planning on taking Stacy out, while Jackie will be heading to her pre-school. We'll be busy, just not crazy busy and I am anticipating another nice day. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Always amazed every time I read these words! Praying right now!
    Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)