July 4, 2014 - Happy Independence Day

Happy Birthday to the United States! We're 238 years old today! Gee, I feel pretty good for that age... ;-)

This morning started off with a "Bang!" That was because I got up, just a little before 08:00 and got dressed to go for a bike ride. We didn't have any appointments in the morning, or anywhere else to go, as far as I knew. I came down stairs and saw that Jason wasn't looking to good - he had that pained look on his face, and I knew something was wrong. He had gotten another UTI (urinary track infection), and with him they are VERY painful. The bike ride was cancelled and within about 10 minutes we were headed to the ER at the Naval Hospital at Balboa.

When we arrived, as you might expect, they were very quiet, and we were only the third vehicle in the upper parking lot. Usually that lot is full, and the lower lot has a bunch of cars. We walked in and got immediate service, and they got Jason in to their medical area (as opposed to the waiting room) and the nurses and doctors started to come in and see what was going on. One of the doctors was actually a doctor that had worked with Jason back in Bethesda, when Jason had the H.O. surgery, and he remembered Jason. We waited for about two hours for the lab results, with the occasional visit from a nurse or corpsman, then the doctor came back again. "Yep, you have a urinary infection." Jason just gave him one of his famous looks, and then the doctor said, "I just need to get the paperwork done and then you can go pick up your meds and head on home." It was about 10 minutes later we were on our way to the pharmacy, and that only took another 15 minutes.

We got back home and by now it was lunch time. Neither Jason or I had eaten much of anything, so we were both hungry. I ran over to In-N-Out to pick up some burgers, and it was the first time for Rebekha (that's how she spells it - I spelled it incorrectly the first time). Apparently they don't have them back in Michigan. Jason was feeling a little better and soon fell asleep. At about this point Linda and I figured out that we were not going to be going to the Fair for the Fourth of July celebration. A couple hours later Jason was awake again, and I talked with him and he was no longer in the mood to get out, so he basically confirmed that we weren't going.

That's okay, because we were happy that he was feeling better, and I really didn't want to get stuck in the traffic anyway. We ended up with a Back To The Future -athon... sort of, where Linda and I sat back and watched all three movies. Jason and Rebekha basically stayed back in his room, where she kept him company, while he rested, and they occasionally watched something on his screen, via Net Flix. All-in-all, it turned out to be an enjoyable evening - we just didn't have the seats we thought we'd have for the fireworks. As you can probably tell, we don't have the girls with us right now, but that's okay, we'll see them on Monday. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014